“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 16 Dundalk B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

This well placed B&B is a perfect setting for a relaxing getaway, with excellent facilities and a wonderful, well trained and helpful staff, you will be left wanting for nothing. This low priced B&B is ideally located for tourists and with an excellent breakfast on offer will not be beaten for value, quality or service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I didnt expect much for this Bnb as it was cheaply priced. When I arrived at the destination I was greeted by the lovely owner Tim Mullins. He was very polite and chatty. We talked for almost 20 minutes before getting my key. I found out Tim also had Irish, like myself and he spoke Irish to me for the whole weekend which I really appreciated and enjoyed. As I entered the room I got a beautiful fresh smell. It was a lovely cosy room and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the next day was gorgeous. I would say it was better than many breakfasts I had eaten in top hotels.

Overall this was a very nice place to stay in, cheap and friendly. I have been back since and I have a booking for this summer also. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nice Victorian premises, very centrally located for easy access to Dundalk town.

Room was fine, pretty small though, and with the bed practically pressed up against the large street facing window, lacked a bit of privacy.

It was very clean for the most part, only let down by an unmentionable smear across one of the 'scatter' cushions.

The service was good - friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and served in a cheerful, touristy dining room, with trad music playing away, giving quite the holiday feeling.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The b&b is lovely, clean, and has nice hosts. Unfortunately, the walls are hollow and you can hear everything through them. Our neighbors on both sides slammed their doors all night and it was bone rattling. It was expensive for not getting to sleep much.

• Stayed March 2014
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recommended glengat to family I had visiting from the UK for my sisters wedding. Initially I recommended it because it is so close to dundalk town centre (5 MINUTES WALK) and would allow them access to everything in the days leading up to the wedding. They were so impressed with this place they asked me to write up a review. The rooms were spacious and immaculate. I saw one of the rooms that they were staying in and it was such good value for the size of it. The part they enjoyed the most was personal feel to the place. They were extremely impressed with the staff. They were told a couple of places to eat in the town and being a local their advice was spot on- the windsor is truly an excellent place to eat. Overall very pleased with everything glengat has to offer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cate5606
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Tim made us feel very welcome and spent time helping recommending a place for dinner and drinks afterwards, providing us with a map so we could find our way around. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed - we had an excellent night's sleep. The bathroom was small, but had a warm and powerful shower. Only downside was that not all of the light bulbs were working. The breakfast was delicious and our hosts couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bam84
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was booked into Glen Gat by a friend with whom I was attending a funeral. I had a long journey and was not looking forward to my stay because of the nature of the trip. However, the service and kindness of the staff certainly made it an easier for me. I was greeted in a very friendly manner arriving in the b&b both evenings, the house was very cosy and the beds were fantastic. The shower was really great and the breakfast was one of the best I've had.
The decor in the house is of a period style. Every piece of furniture/ ornament has an interesting story behind it which the owner was only too happy to share with me.
The quality, location and value for money of the Glen Gat make it a real gem. I will be making sure to return for a proper visit in the coming months.

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in rooms of different styles but both with the same high standards.