See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 27, 2015

Stayed there our first night in Ireland, having been awake for over a day we could have fallen asleep standing, but the room was very nice, comfortable. The breakfast was very good, the owner/manager very friendly. Recommended a nice pub in town for dinner.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2014

Stayed here for one night. The decor is very dated and the room was quite cramped. I did not have a good night sleep as the bedclothes were made of a silk-like material which kept skidding off the bed. The room was a bit chilly and I also noticed some mold on the blinds. Breakfast was quite good but I'm not sure I would stay here again. It is a good functional base if visiting the area but I would not recommend it as a pleasurable destination.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank legals81
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this B&B recently and cannot recommend it highly enough. The welcome is genuinely friendly and warm, the rooms are very comfortable and all needs catered for: my room had tea/coffee making facilities and a microwave. The breakfast was a delight , I ordered scrambled egg and bacon , which were made to perfection and delivered with a smile . A great place to stay , and the perfect base to explore Dublin and Belfast , both within easy reach .

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Everything about our one night stay at Greengates was excellent. Killian was attentive and very friendly, and served up a great Irish breakfast. The B&B is located 15-20 mins walk or 5 mins drive from Blackrock, a picturesque coastal village where we had dinner.

The beds, shower and room were very comfortable, especially after 9 hours of driving from London that day!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ecuhba
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were visiting planning to visit friends in Blackrock (near Dundalk) and found this charming accommodation on the web. There were three of us staying and we had a lovely room with one double and two twin beds.
On arrival Killian, our host, showed us the room, gave us the required information, and welcomed us. As I was bringing in the luggage (one bag) he asked if my son would like to play with his own son. As we were heading out shortly after arrival I thanked him and explained our situation. It was very nice of him, as we had had a long journey from Cork and our son would have enjoyed playing with someone of his own age.
Our room was well laid out with comfortable beds, tea/coffee facilities, information on the locality, and the breakfast booking form. The ensuite was also well supplied. The shower had good pressure and the dispenser (shampoo etc) ensured no wastage.
We had a great night's sleep and the breakfast was just what we needed. Choice of juices, cereals, yogurts, fruit etc. The full Irish was very tasty and the coffee hit the spot.
Full value for the money and the added bonus of great hospitality.

Date of stay: October 2013