“Great food, great pint, great service”
Review of The Jockeys Bar

The Jockeys Bar
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Dundalk
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business in the heart of Dundalk. We offer a selection of homecooked meals in a friendly, warm atmosphere. we are a short walk from the town center and provide live music every weekend and are beside most of the bed and breakfasts in the town.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Only had time for soup, sandwiches and a couple of pints but would have stayed longer. Excellent food, a terrific pint, and brilliant service in cosy suroundings. The signed Sean Kelly jersey on the wall finished it all off nicely :)

1  Thank rougvie
There are newer reviews for The Jockeys Bar

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went with my two daughters last Saturday for an evening meal. We were met by a very pleasant waitress who made us feel at home.
We ordered our meals and the service was fast and efficient with a smile.
The food was nice and tasty, compliments to the chef. I asked the waitress what they had for sweet and she promply rhymed off about a dozen! I was impressed.
We had one starter, three main courses, two sweet courses, one coffee, two soft drinks and a bottle of Heiniken. €49 !!! can't be beaten as far as I'm concerned. I'll be going back every time I'm in Dundalk. Pleasant surroundings, pleasant staff and good food, what a combination.
Left Bank...Take note!!!!!!!!

1  Thank donalddbhu
Reviewed October 1, 2012

friendly and accomodating staff, daily specials are terrific. Menu with variety to accomodate various tastes. Convenient to downtown and all local B&B's. It is the owner's and his staffs attention to you the customer that will make you comfortable. they will even drive you home.

1  Thank ShamisNewYork
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Jockeys Bar has very good home made food. Be prepared to wait as everything is cooked fresh, they do warn you on the menu. I have eaten in the Jockeys Bar so many times and I'm only reviewing it now, normally only review hotels. This bar deserves a mention, great food and very generous helpings. Also do a fab lunch menu. Well worth a visit, close to the train station and town centre. Pay parking on the street usually easy to get a space. Love to go in on a Friday evening for tea and a glass of wine! Nice friendly staff too.

1  Thank FiFi64CoLouth
Reviewed July 19, 2012

a reasonably good bar...depends on the night you visit. can get quite packed....

1  Thank woosie123