“Bring your own”
Review of King Balti - CLOSED

King Balti
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Best bit you can bring your own wine which is a brill idea also the starter are to die for we head hear every time we come up

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went for a take away carry out
Dark dingy environment not appealing
Tried to order but was immediate struggling to order
Left went elsewhere
Prices expensive look also

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I mainly use this restaurant for my Indian takeaway as they do a great value €24.99 3 course take out meal. I have dined here also and food is faultless,they allow you to take your own beer/wine with no corkage charge, My only complaint is that it is very cold sometimes,in fact we left without ordering coffee last time as everytime the door opened the wind blew into restaurant and they dont seem to have heat on except a blow heater at door. I love the food here and do recommend it

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've been here a few times, usually with large groups of friends. The second time I went the food I received was FREEZING! I didn't care too much however, as to make a direct complaint -I won't lie, I was quite hammered, hahaha. They have a bring your own booze policy! NO CORKAGE FEE :) This alone is great. They also sell alcohol on premise, if you prefer that either.

The other times I went the food was grand -average kind of takeaway stuff.

If you're with a large group though/ splitting the bill, DO NOT GET POPPADOMS! They are not complimentary as you may be led to believe (sneaky little waitress, lol). The menu even says something like they're 90c each, but the dips they bring you with it are like 6quid or something, so watch for that haha! Unless ya really, actually want some.

Apart from that, the place has a lovely atmosphere and is lots of fun for big groups :) I gave such a high rating mainly due to the fact that the staff are so lovely and sweet! -Some of the best and nicest restaurant staff in Dundalk! :)

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had a really bad eating experience here. Whilst ordering I did ask what meats were in the mixed curry, I was told Chicken and Beef - I asked did it contain Lamb and was told no it did not - Sadly it did contain Lamb and I would be allergic to Lamb, so was very sick following the visit here. Really unhappy with the service and the meal was not as hot as it should have been. My companion found the bread they ordered to be very dry and left most of it due to this. When paying we did tell them we were unhappy, but the staff member just smiled. Doubt we willl go back as it was also fairly expensive.