“Donal”

Jackie's Bar Resturant
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run gastro bar and restaurant serving bar food from 12.30 - 21.00 Tuesday to Sunday in the bar and 5.30 -21.00 in the restaurant. We also have a very exiting cocktail menu, big open fires in the winter and a beer garden in the summer where you can enjoy a cocktail and have a bite to eat, so why not join is in jackies were our family welcome yours
“Donal”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Was there last night for a meal with my wife. Food was very good. Service was a small bit slow but having said that the place was packed so I understand why. Staff were very friendly and explained why service was that bit slower. Having said that we were in and out of the place within 2 hrs and that was not bad. Again food was first class and price not to bad at all.

2 Thank Donal M

Ireland
“Terrible service - food between bad and good”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

15 of us were booked into Jackie's last night for a 7pm sitting. We were seated quickly but there were only 5 menus between all of us.

The initial drinks order was missing a drink and a member of our party didn't even get a chance to order before the waitress walked away.

The service was the slowest I have ever experienced. We were there a long time before they took our starter and main course order. We had two children with us and by the time the main course arrived one was asleep. We were there over an hour and a half at this stage.

One steak was sent back because it was over done by quite a bit and the chicken was dry as if it had been left sitting after been cooked for a while. The lamb shank was great though.

I had to ask the manager to clear our table and take our dessert order. We were actually bored waiting at this stage and wanted to leave. Well over 2 hours had passed since our arrival. Our plates were cleared but it was another 20 minutes before our desert order was taken.

All the staff including the manager/owner were too busy clattering cutlery instead of providing the most basic of service.

Will I eat here again? Very unlikely. None of our party was impressed and there are 13 adults unhappy and unlikely to recommend Jackie's to friends.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Garreth_Cur
dublin
“Girls Night Out”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I brought my Bridesmaids here and it was just perfect. Food was so tasty and great value, service was amazing (a big thank you to Nadine who was our server that night) and the bar next door had a lovely atmosphere for a few too many drinks afterwards!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank barnsey8
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Repeat offender :-D”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is my 5th time being to Jackies since May 2013 and I regret it not one bit! I have been up to Dundalk three times for a show and each time I have made sure that I book myself and my friends into Jackies as you are guaranteed a good night and a good meal! I have taken 3 different groups of people and all agreed that the restaurant was nothing if not sublime. The staff were friendly and accommodating and the food, as always, was faultless. The restaurant in itself is reason to visit Dundalk!

I highly recommend this to anyone new to the area and looking for a warm, friendly location with delicious and top quality food.

1 Thank Pepperonay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must for lunch!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My favorite lunch spot. Great choice on the menu for everyone including vegetarians. Warm friendly staff even at the busiest times. Food excellent and portions great! Looking forward to my next lunch from Jackie! !!

• Visited May 2014