“Absolutely fantastic”

Jackie's Bar Resturant
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a family run gastro bar and restaurant serving bar food from 12.30 - 21.00 Tuesday to Sunday in the bar and 5.30 -21.00 in the restaurant. We also have a very exiting cocktail menu, big open fires in the winter and a beer garden in the summer where you can enjoy a cocktail and have a bite to eat, so why not join is in jackies were our family welcome yours
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Food was just fabulous. Very reasonably priced for the quality and quantity given. also staff are extremely helpful. I will definitely be going back and i have told everyone i know about how nice it is.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank carlyf88

N. Ireland
“Lovely food!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked a table in Jackie's after reading the reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed!! We had 3 courses for €25 each plus warm bread and dips were served while we waited on our starter. Our daughters picked from the kids menu for €6 each. The food was really lovely, the waitresses were friendly and attentive. Really enjoyed our family meal in Jackie's!

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank LibK
“Jackies”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was in JacKies last Friday and had a very enjoyable meal. Looks are deceiving as from the outside it is not a bit inviting but inside the atmosphere is very good. The service was slow but good. Extensive menu and set menu for €25 was good value. Personally would suit better if they also did 2 or 3 courses for €20. Will be back!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Marionita1954
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in Dundalk attending a conference of sorts at the Hotel across the road (Fairways Hotel) and the food there was rather abysmal so myself and three people I was with made the decision to go for a walk and see if there was any sort of restaurant nearby (we were thinking McDonalds). We didn't want to drive so we just walked along the road and all of a sudden we saw it - Jackies - a sad looking old pub on the side of the road with fading paint and an 'old mans bar' type look to its appearance. More for a joke than anything we decided to go in, think it probably was a grubby little dive that perhaps would serve us some cocktail sausages at least. We opened the uninviting swing door and BANG we were hit with a blast of warm air, good food, and a bustling and busy atmosphere! We were shocked to be honest. We asked for a seat and the waitress looked at us perplexed 'do you have a reservation?' we looked at each other, 'a reservation!?'. It turns out Jackie's is an extremely popular restaurant with two set hours for dining, 7 and 9. You have to book early to avoid disappointment! Luckily, though the restaurant was full, the stuff were extremely accommodating and offered us seats at the bar.

There is a set 4 course meal, I believe it was between 25-30€. The first course is a selection of breads and dips (all delicious and fresh) then you choose the rest from the menu. We ordered a variety, I ordered the chicken based meals whilst my companions ordered fish, beef and lamb between them. The starters (after the bread) were amazing, not a one of us had a bad word to say. My cajun chicken with pompadom was delectable, I found myself wishing it was my main course until that made its way out to us. I can't remember exactly the name of the meal, it was a spiced chicken with a garlic sauce drizzled over it (blame my memory on the wine!) but it was the tenderest piece of chicken and the cooling garlic sauce really complimented the spice of the chicken. All courses come with a choice of side, I chose the thick cut chips and my god they were beautiful. Unfortunately it was at this point that my stomach started expanding beyond its capabilities so in order to leave room for desert (which is always the decider for whether a restaurant is in fact good or not) I only ate a handful of my chips, delicious though they were. If I'd thought about I should have asked for a carry away box.

My dessert was a sticky toffee pudding, freshly made in their kitchens. It was the softest, sweetest, warmest, gooiest and tasty pudding I've had in a long time. It was perfect. The portion was the perfect size the pudding, it would be hard to recreate it in my own kitchen. Its ruined toffee pudding for me, it was too good. I'll never be able to eat another without comparing it to Jackie's!!

The staff were gracious and friendly, the barman entertained us most of the evening with jokes and local stories and when it came time to pay we found our wine was given complimentarily.

The restaurant was so perfect we went back the next (and unfortunately last) night of our stay in Dundalk.

I hope one day to return and dine in Jackie's once again. It was truly one of the best restaurants I've eaten in, with the best food, and certainly it must be a contender for Ireland's best restaurant!

Thank you Jackie's, you made my stay in Dundalk an unforgettable one.

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank Pepperonay
“OH YA”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

great little restaurant,great food and staff.my fav in Dundalk .been there a few times now and really like it.small but classey.ILL BE BACK.

• Visited June 2013