“What a find!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Was up visiting friends and they recommended McAteers for lunch. Loved the idea of walking through shop displaying some wonderful merchandise and arriving into a warm inviting restaurant. We experienced wonderful food and a warm and friendly service. I had fish cakes which were fresh and delicious. If heading to Dundalk, I would seriously recommend a food/refreshment stop here :)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped off for lunch on our way to Belfast, as you do, and again was not disappointed. Just had to make a review and was very surprised to see a recent negative comment.Its hard to think we are talking about the same restaurant. Yes I know McAteers can be busy but its worth the wait and the food is always exceptional, very fresh and wholesome. I always look forward to going there.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Have been here before on a few occasions and it was always been ok, last time I was in was with a group of three of us. There was not many in the place but it still took them 20 mins to take our order. I ordered a wrap, which was horrible couldn't eat it. My friends had a dessert and they weren't happy with there's. it's too expensive for what it is. Staff looked bored and like they didn't want to be there.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Went there was lunch. Felt menu was very limited for my personal taste. Had to wait an hour and a half for a table. When i eventually ordered and the food arrived the noodles vegetables and chicken werent cooked plus the food was swimming in sauce. Food was terrible and staff constantly passing table waiting to lift plate. found it very expensive. when i said to staff i was told there was nothing wrong with food. would definitely not recommend it

5  Thank funkfo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

very busy at luchtimes sometimes there is a wait for tables. Found very little on menu to suit my personal taste. The salad I had with my meal was very tired and when mentioned to staff was told it was fresh that morning, there was no crispness it was just limp.

1  Thank DublinVisitor08