“ballymascanlon! Fantastic yet again!”

Ballymascanlon House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dundalk
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“ballymascanlon! Fantastic yet again!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Once again Had the best stay at Ballymascanlon! This is my 2nd stay and I would recommend 2 anyone. From start to finish the experience was second to none. Rooms are large, very comfortable and well worth the money asked, breakfasts/lunches/dinners are by far superior quality to many I have had in the past and served by exremely proffesional waiting staff - I only wish I had taken some individual names of some of the waiting staff who served me to name them personally, because they provided a sterling service and would love for them to be rewarded for the service provided. All in all this is a fantastic, family run hotel who deserves our custom, give them a go, and I am sure you will not be dissapointed! Keep it up Ballymascanlon, we will be back next year without a doubt!

Room Tip: I have had a family room on my past two visits which are large and comfortable and suited me fine bu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Attended the ballymascanlon were our patents got married 40 years ago to celebrate the occasion with a family meal. 18 adults and 4 children. Had the set menu. Was able to negotiate a deal with the manger as may not have been able to go with the original price but deal we got was great value considering the high quality of food served. Staff were exceptional especially the manager. Nothing a problem. Very accommodating of children. Bar entertainment added bonus. Will go back again for a meal.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and we were very impressed. As good as any 4 star hotels we've stayed in. The mid week deal is great value and even if there is a wedding on the hotel is separate and you don't hear the noise at night. The golf course looks good too but I didn't have time to play. Food was great too.

• Stayed July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have never stayed in this hotel but have paid frequent visits to the bar especially for family gatherings including the grandchildren and I have to say that it is one of the most child-friendly places in which to do so. There is something so suit everyone on the menu and the requests for children which include soup, bread, drinks are all delivered with friendliness and no fuss by the staff. There is plenty of space both inside and outside to "walk" the children if they become restless.

Sometimes it might become "over-run" with children but this would be mostly during the day or at lunch-time and its a lovely comfortable relaxing bar at night when we have visited at that time and enjoyed a nice drink.

Hope to enjoy this hotel many times in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mollieNorthEast
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently visited the Ballymascanion House Hotel as part of a coach tour, we stayed for 7 nights bed, breakfast and evening meal. The hotel is in a beautiful parkland setting including a golf course. The whole week was thoroughly enjoyable, our room was perfect, the view from our room overlooked the wonderful gardens. Our meals including breakfast were excellent and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys fine dining etc. The staff throughout our stay were very friendly and helpful. Overall a very enjoyable week, including our terrific coach driver Alan (from Stacey's Coaches) who took us to some beautiful parts of Ireland, including Dublin and Belfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chesterholm
Prestwick
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening at the Ballymascanlon House Hotel. I had travelled from Belfast to attend a meeting in Dundalk and then drove the short journey to the hotel. Surroundings were stunning. View from my room looked onto some old stable yard/garden. Enjoyed the swim in the wee pool and then the steam room/sauna before dinner. Dinner was lovely, only fault if I'm being really really picky was that I ordered duck and it was a bit "cooked" for my personal liking, would normally have sent back, but the flavours of the accompaniment were such that I enjoyed it and felt that it would have been really cheeky to do so. Staff were so cheerfula dn happy to assist. Noticed it had tennis courts and wished that my wife and children could have accompanied me - would have been fantastic for a special break. A minor thing - I was attending a meeting in Belfast the next morning and had to be there for 9am - I went for breakfast (which was delicious - I didn't want the coffee offered and the staff got me a "proper" espresso - which I thought was really great)) at 7am and it didn't start serving until 7.30am - so things were a bit "tight" - so arrange your meetings in Belfast/Dublin for mid-mornings if you stay here......I think the hotel offers something for everyone. Will definetely be visiting next time I'm back in Ireland

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is in a beautiful parkland and has a golf course, a swimming pool and leisure facilities. They also have a lovely beer garden (which, I must confess, was the main focus of our leisure time!). The food in the restaurant was amazing and even though we all enjoyed our own meals immensely, we all felt a little food envy when we saw each other's plates. . . .not a bad thing. The only down side was the bar prices. Other than that, everything was brilliant. The rooms were spacious and clean and well maintained, the staff were friendly and always happy to help and, all in all, it was a fabulous experience from beginning to end!

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back of the hotel and not one overlooking the terrace as my friend had to ask...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundalk
Carrickdale Hotel
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Cabra Castle Hotel
Cabra Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kingscourt

Been to Ballymascanlon House Hotel? Share your experiences!