Tripadvisor
Dundalk
Post
Inbox
Search

“Lovely food and great staff”

Fitzpatrick's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: European, Irish, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of the Cooley Peninsula at the foot of the picturesque Cooley Mountains overlooking the Irish Sea, Fitzpatrick’s Bar & Restaurant is one of the top dining pubs in Ireland. Equally popular with tourists and locals, Fitzpatrick’s Bar & Restaurant offers fine cuisine and dedicated hospitality, delivered by the award winning team. With its stunning gardens and old-world charm inside, Fitzpatrick’s boasts many prestigious tourism and gourmet accolades. Spectacularly themed displays at festive holidays make a visit to Fitzpatrick’s a truly unique experience. Ideal for a special occasion, family dining, a business meal, or a pint in one of our bars or beer gardens during the summer, Fitzpatrick’s is an experience you’ll want to repeat.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went on Saturday afternoon for lunch, the food was lovely and staff were great, always checking everything was alright. We will definitely be back. Only downside was the location was abit tricky to find as it doesnt show on google maps and trying to navigate from the website was tricky

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself and three others were booked for a table at 8.15pm and were sent to the bar when we arrived on time, the bar man was very good, after near an hour waiting on the table I asked the bar man was it near ready he told me they had forgotten about us!! We were then taken to the restaurant and given menus starters came nearly straight away, we then waited till near 11 o’clock on our mains one of the orders wasn’t right and also another one was cold but we never mentioned on the night as by that stage we we’re starving, I was also told the curtesy bus wasn’t available on the phone that morning but seen the driver walking about and taking people home, after all of that we were charged full whack and had to pay at the bar because the floor staff had left, can’t imagine ever coming back and spending my hard earned money for terrible service, for the sake of the business I hope this is read and looked into for training purposes because what went on last night was not only terrible it showed a lot of disrespect towards paying customers that went out for birthday celebrations! As a man I worked for once said I don’t pay the bills the customers do!

6  Thank AEB123456789
Reviewed January 16, 2020

Great place to stop for food and some of the Black Stuff. Had family from out of town visiting in December and I just had to show them Fitzpatrick's. Great atmosphere and great craic... The food is typical of what you would expect from an top notch Irish restaurant, a combo of Irish fare and European cuisine.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

I would not recommend the this restaurant to anyone.. The place is filthy inside and out. The decor is dated and dusty and filthy and the food is overpriced. The length of time waiting for the food is a disgrace. Even when it isn't a busy.

Date of visit: October 2019
3  Thank Leonacampbell
Reviewed January 12, 2020

Firstly the place is second to none, a real trip down memory lane. We had such a laugh looking around all the antiques and reminiscing. The service was just fab, everyone we dealt with knew their job and treated us amazingly. The food then came and it was the icing on the cake. Steak to die for and curry like I never had before.....we will def be back.