“Excellent”

Fitzpatricks bar and restaurant
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, British, Pub, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
belfast
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited Fitzpatricks for a birthday celebration...it's a wonderful quaint restaurant everything that american tourists would absolutely love but not in a tacky way...it's the sort of place you feel you could sit in all night for a few beers and a meal

Onto the food - steak was smaller than you normally get down south but the price includes chips mushrooms and sauce so it's hard to argue...steak was lovely - chips a tad undercooked but the food was enjoyable and the surroundings are visually impressive

Also welcome is the fact we weren't hit with a service charge meaning you decide the tip you leave - and to be fair the staff are excellent

I can understand why the reviews for this place are so good

3 Thank niceguycolly
ronaldo007, Owner at Fitzpatricks bar and restaurant, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about Fitzpatrick's, we take all our reviews very seriously. As much as we love to hear the good reviews, we also act on any negative comments as we strive to improve our business on a daily basis.

“Faultless ”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited here today for lunch (17/04/2014). Had vegetable soup and Barbeque chicken baguette. Both very tasty. Pleasant atmosphere. Good variation on lunch menu. Will return no doubt. Memorable decor.

2 Thank Fingaldub
Dublin, Ireland
“Very poor”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Drove down from Dublin as my friend and I heard that fitzpatricks was well worth the drive. As we work in the catering industry and it was Wednesday - midday, we didn't expect it to be too busy and that we would be well looked after. Unfortunately this was not the case. We ordered garlic mushrooms and caesar salad to start and for our main we both ordered off the vegetarian menu. We asked for starter sizes of vegetarian mushroom risotto and vegetarian curry which appeared to be available on the menu. In fairness we really enjoyed the starters of garlic mushrooms and caesar salad. However, when it came to our two vegetarian dishes we were not impressed. First of all they were not starter size portions, like we had ordered and when the waitress left it at our table we asked were they starter sizes, She said "hold on, I'll just go check" we waited for five minutes before starting to eat but she never returned to confirm if they were starter size. As we were eating our meal I found a piece of meat in my VEGETARIAN dish. This completely put me off my meal and I could not eat any more. As no one came back to check on us after this we got up to leave, neither of us finishing half our food, what a waste!! When we were paying at the till I made a complaint to the waitress that I found a piece of meat in my vegetarian dish and she just commented "ohh that shouldn't have been there" and that she would let them know in the kitchen. We were then faced with a bill of €53 for four "starters" and two minerals. Which we paid for as we did not want to cause a scene even though we were over-charged for the two vegetarian dishes. For such a great place it was definitely let down by its staff and food.

5 Thank Byrne94
ronaldo007, Owner at Fitzpatricks bar and restaurant, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We have read your review and we would like to make contact with you to discuss this, if it is possible for you to give us your number and I will be sure to ring you back regarding this. My email address is danny@fitzpatricks-restaurant.com or you can contact me on 0429376193.
Thank you for taking the time out to review and we will await your email or call.
Dundalk, Ireland
“A Regular Visitor”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been a regular visitor to Fitzpatricks Bar and Restaurant for many years. Sometimes I visit at lunchtime but more frequently my visits are for evening dinner, my visits may be as a couple (with my wife) or as part of a larger group.
The first impression of Fitzpatricks will always centre on the unique decor and memorabilia together with the friendly welcome afforded by the staff.
The next very positive experience is the availability of a full menu from early lunch until late in the evening - not a common availability.
The menu is extensive and varied and includes a great selection of daily specials. For me the availability of great quality fresh fish dishes is a treat.
The quality of food and service is excellent - this is evident in both the number of patrons on a daily basis and the number of repeat customers.
The management is tireless with the efforts to create an unique dining experience and this experience will be aligned with special occasions according to the time of year. Halloween is famous at Fitzpatricks as is the display of colour with summer plants regardless of the summer climate.
Fitzpatricks is also a great venue for a casual drink with a choice of two bars.
It is my pleasure to recommend Fitzpatricks to my fellow TripAdvisor members.

2 Thank finnegan_pj
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Drove down from the North for this meal, for a 21st birthday celebration - from the start it was charming, authentic, and welcoming.

The staff have great character for the most part, and made me feel as though they wanted to put a smile on our faces - something that added to the overall experience. Atmosphere was great, felt totally local (even though it's a *little* remote).

Food was superb, presentation was excellent - to be totally honest, not what I expected when I walked in. Totally took me by surprise, so don't be fooled by the restaurant's humble status - it's a not so secret gem!

Please, do your table a favor and let them know you're celebrating a Birthday (that is, if you actually are). Without ruining the surprise, they'll make it worth your while, you'll have 'good times'!

Can't wait to visit again!

1 Thank Jonathan K