“First class in every way!”

Fitzpatricks bar and restaurant
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: European, Irish, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“First class in every way!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

From start to finish, this was one of my most pleasant restaurant dining experiences to date!
Courtesy lift to & from our hotel (Thanks again Claire- what a star*), pleasantly received in the bar, leisurely drinks whilst trying to decide what to eat(decisions, decisions!), comfortably seated in the restaurant, fed superbly (amazing, yet not pretentious presentation) & attended to admirably (totally professional friendly staff)! Top of the class!
BUT..... Fitzpatricks is more than just a fantastic bar & restaurant. It's almost an emporium to all things Irish! No need for tvs or any other distractions here; there is so much to see & talk about. I don't wish to give anything away about this beautiful place; suffice to say 'JUST GO'. You won't regret it!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank apalekn
ronaldo007, Owner at Fitzpatricks bar and restaurant, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about Fitzpatrick's, we take all our reviews very seriously. As much as we love to hear the good reviews, we also act on any negative comments as we strive to improve our business on a daily basis.

“Great Sunday roast”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch there today and it was the best I've had in a while. There was no room in the restaurant so we sat in the bar in front of the fire. Two of us had roast beef, one had lamb. All delicious. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Redmarch99
Carlingford, Ireland
“This Gem keeps getting better”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have frequented Fitzpatricks on and off for the past 15 years and not once can I say have I been disappointed with the many different meals I have had, the menu is always current and the presentation is unique, they keep coming up up with different ideas on presentation such as little baskets for the chips and a newspaper inside as greaseproof paper but on further investigation the newspaper is a little parody of Fitzpatricks restaurant itself, its cute and different, also the plates, bowls and cutlery are a little different too, it might not mean much to some but all these little touches add to the Fitzpatricks experience.

The atmosphere is always warm, the service team are polite, the decor is amazing.

Look out for the special events that take place on Halloween and Christmas, the outside gardens are transformed and the attention to detail on the props is something to behold.

Last time I was in was early December 2013 and my partner and I had Steak and Chicken dishes, both amazing as always and I will be back again very soon

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Del_MG
ronaldo007, Owner at Fitzpatricks bar and restaurant, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your response it is much appreciated
Dublin, Ireland
“Nothing very special”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Finally i decided to visit this place,that has been recommended from different people. So on my way back from work i stopped for a quick meal. The food was good but not so excellent as people saying . The atmosphere is quite good but i thin is over decor ed with all those small decorations that make the place look not very clean!!
I satisfied my curiosity this time and that's it.
Also i think is quite over priced.

• Visited September 2013
7 Thank Daniel D
Thank you for your review it is much appreciated
Dundalk, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If there is a better one I haven't found it.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been to Fitzpatrick's many times. I think it's fair to say I know it reasonably well. Because my experience of it differs so much from the uncomplimentary stuff written in social media lately, I'd like to let people read about what I have found.

I could say that Fitzpatrick's is perfect but that would be as inaccurate as the uncomplimentary stuff. It is excellent but not perfect! No doubt, things can and do go wrong. On an occasion when a problem arose it was immediately addressed and resolved. I have never experienced discourtesy there. The claim that Fitzpatrick's staff addressed anyone in the manner alleged is not believable. It just would not happen.

I would like to ask that if Fitzpatrick's wasn't perfect on the day that "perfect customer" was discommoded, he / she might make allowance for those who, while doing their best, fell a little bit short of perfection. I appreciate it's hard to be humble when you are perfect!

Hugh Mc Crudden.

P.S. The food is always superb!

• Visited January 2014