“Excellent value, clean comfortable modern rooms and friendly staff”

Glengarriff Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glengarriff
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I was very pleased with this choice of hotel which I found through Trip Advisor. It was modern, clean and had good sized rooms with a really comfortable bed, power shower and friendly helpful and polite staff who were only too happy to charge my Ipod behind reception and lend me a cork screw when I needed too.

The only slight downer was that my room was above the reception which woke me in the morning (not really loud but enough to wake me). Excellent value for money and Glengariff itself was a delightful town. I didn't eat in the restaurant but there looked and smelled to be some great sea food on offer. There were a few locals chaps eating at the bar which is always a good sign in my book.

I also nipped to the pub down the road for a few Murphy's in the afternoon and found the locals to be friendly and eager to engage in banter :o)

• Stayed: June 2009
3  Thank Yabbyontour

Reviewed May 9, 2009

We found the Glengarriff Park thanks to TripAdvisor and can thoroughly recommend it
Service was pleasant and efficient throughout while all three rooms were clean, spacious and quiet
Breakfast was included and very substantial
We ate in the hotel for two nights and again the food was well prepared and enjoyable while the bar has a good selection of beers
Free WiFi was also useful although generall limited to the reception area although I was able to pick it up easily in my room above
Glengarriff itself is quiet and pretty, if wet and windy during our three days, and makes an ideal base from which to enjoy the whole Beara Peninsula
At 69 euro per night including breakfast, the Glengarriff Park is excellent value and we'll be going back

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank whd100
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I will start with the good points about this hotel. The location is excellent. The rooms are quite large, modern, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are also large. Very nice flat screen TV.
I was given a room on the 2nd floor. I went downstairs and spoke to a rather uninterested man (also the bartender) at the reception desk and asked for a room on the 1st floor. I was told they were completely booked and there was nothing available. Completely booked in mid April?
I always prefer to take the staircase and this hotel's staircase only goes to the first floor. All floors above the first can only be accessed by the elevator. While this is not a terrible problem, it is when both fire doors at each end of the hall are locked. All 7 of us were concerned and informed a very scattered but nice woman at the reception desk and she assured us that a night foreman with the key would certainly let us out if there was a fire. She said he came on duty at midnight. I guess if there was a fire before midnight we would have been out of luck! I then asked her if there was a room on the first floor and she kindly gave me one right away. It was very small and near a back door on the side of the building, but I was happy to have it. When I went back to my room I noticed a rag stuck in the side exit door which I found disturbing. I tried to call the front desk. The phone did not work the entire evening. There were instructions stating that if there was any emergency to dial O or 128 and a staff member would immediately help. I dialed the phone many times and no one ever answered. I went back to reception again about 10:00pm and there was no one there. The front door was wide open to the lobby. I found the bartender at the bar and he seemed unconcerned again. He offered no assistance.
I went back to the reception desk and and found the same woman. I told her about the phone and was told "don't worry, nothing will happen" and there is nothing we can do about the phone until tomorrow. I also asked her about the rag in the door and she explained that she leaves the side door propped open so that she has easier access to the kitchen. She walked with me back down the hall. Someone had removed the rag and she blamed me for doing it and was extremely agitated that her door prop was gone! I was grateful to the person that did remove it. Not a very secure feeling. So my summary of the safety problems this hotel needs to address is:
Fire exit doors should be unlocked from the inside, phones should work, staff should be accessible and all entry doors should be locked from the outside.
The breakfast was nothing to speak of.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank HarpEire
Reviewed April 26, 2009

we booked the room the day before for a couple and a baby, we went for the extra Deluxe room with a cote for the baby. All was fine, beautifull room, nice look all around. went early to bed (baby can't stay up ltoo ate) and at ten the life music started in the pub. we were granted a 2 hours loud music. the only person asleep in the room was ironically the child. If I was there without a child asleep I would have requested a change of room on the spot. nobody like to sleep in a night club !!!!. any way the next day we complain to a 'very sorry' desk person which never recived such complaint. The breakfeast was bellow average: watery scramble egg, pudding still in its plastic wrapping, cheap sausage, and a bucket of instant cofee (which I got change for the real thing). when in the loby I saw a couple of foreign tourist complaining about cold shower, they were told that it must have been the bad time of the day.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank ballincolligout
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Myself & my husband decided to take a trip to Glengarriff and didnt book ahead for accommodation, we arrived in the village late afternoon and checked out a few places, one of them being the Glengarriff Park whos rooms were WAY nicer than any of the other options so we stayed there. We got a friendly welcome and the room was luxurious and just what we wanted. We had a fantastic dinner in the bar and breakfast in the morning was great. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the place had a lovely atmosphere.
We would definitely recommend the Glengarriff Park to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TTPPHH
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Stayed here for one night in March for my birthday and loved it. Lovely room, all the staff were very friendly. We had a few drinks in the bar downstairs and dinner, food was fab!
Went to a few other bars in the town, such a nice village and all the locals are very friendly, like going back to the old Ireland. Had breakfast the next morning which was lovley. We didnt hear a sound in the hotel, we actually felt like we were the only people there until we saw others there for breakfast. Would definietly come back here again. Scenery is gorgeous too, just not a bad word to say about Glengarriff at all.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeWillow
Reviewed March 10, 2009

After reading some of the other reviews, it seems as though we stayed at a different hotel!
We were greeted warmly, shown to a lovely, large room with plenty of space for ourselves and our luggage (and there was a lift to the second floor - always a bonus!).
The room and bathroom were both spotless, the bathroom featured a tub/shower combo, something we always appreciate. The beds had nice duvets on them, and there was a flat-screen tv/remote available.
Breakfast was excellent, with good service - nice selection of fruit, yogurt, cereals, scones, and of course, hot breakfast as well.
Best of all, this was $1 less per person than the dreary (dirty!) Cottage Bar B&B just down the road! Being off-season, we paid only 39Eu/pps for our room - truly a bargain.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DebMacD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glengarriff
Maritime Hotel
#2 of 5 in Bantry
The West Cork Hotel
The West Cork Hotel
#1 of 1 in Skibbereen

Been to Glengarriff Park Hotel? Share your experiences!