“beautiful spot”

Glengarriff Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Glengarriff
Reviewed March 15, 2014

we had a 2 night stay in this hotel recently. the hotel was spotless, extremely comfortable and with friendly local staff. i would go back just for the bed-it was sumptious. we ate in the restaurant the first night and the food was ok. there was a special dinner menu on which, if you liked indian food was very extensive and good value. we had 2 starters, 2 mains and no dessert. My husband had 2 pints of lager. We thought it was a little overpriced at €70. the food was fine and we got enough of it but i think it lacked a tiny bit of imagination. The next morning we had 2 full irish breakfasts. however, the 2nd morning, i asked for scrambled eggs and they were divine! the bar was busy friday night with lots of locals in. there is a irish-y gift shop attached to the shop which had massive stock. the entrance for the ferry to garnish island was accross from the hotel but it was not operating when we were there. the wi-fi did not work in the room which was a bit of a pain. I would love to return to glengarriff hotel as it was a fine hotel, in a beautiful place. Well done to the hotel and keep hiring local!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mona31

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We enjoyed a memorable and very enjoyable Valentine's weekend at this lovely hotel in the heart of beautiful Glengarriff. Excellent food and comfortable accommodation with very friendly management and helpful staff. We plan to return again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room out front of hotel for nice view towards sea and region of Garnish Island.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Brilliant stay in a very welcoming hotel,room and bathroom unbelievable,biggest and most comfortable mattress ever. Staff very friendly and attentive and great craic at the bar. Excellent food menu. Overall 100 % satisfaction.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura M
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was the first hotel we stayed at on a week long tour of West Ireland and it set a very high standard.The staff were amongst the friendliest we met during the stay,especially the young lady on reception and the lad in the bar.The rooms were absolutely immaculate,both in style and cleanliness,I've stayed in worse five star hotels and this one is only three star.It deserves more.We ate in the bar,and the local seafood was exactly as advertised local and fresh and beautifully cooked.My wife had the mussels and I had cod and chips which was the best I have tasted for a long time.Everybody there combined to make our stay memorable and I would have no hesitation in recomending the hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vincelegrau
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife booked me into this hotel for a weekend.I was attending a function in Glengarriff.
I found all the staff very friendly. I want to especially mention the lady at reception,and her name was Clare Fasarya she was so friendly and ver helpful .she even sorted out my bus trip to Castletownbear
The bedroom was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I am a tour Guid and I would have no hesitation of recommending this Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank David G
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Clean bedroom and bathroom - bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in. Everything we needed in the room. Hot water was off one morning so we had to go down to breakfast stinking like dingo's!! It was back on by the time we'd finished breakfast though. McCarthy's bar menu was good and helpings were large. Saturday night was a nightmare with drunken noisy residents unable to find their cards to gain entry to their room - not really the fault of the hotel. If you have the window open and it's windy it makes the whole of the room 'creak and groan' - odd! Breakfast was terribly overcooked - bacon had been crucified, eggs were hard as rock no matter how you asked for them - and no baked beans - a travesty!! All in, we had a pleasant stay and would return although I don't think it's a 90 euro a night place.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is one of the best 3 star hotels that I have stayed in. In fact, I have stayed in worse 4 stars! The room was excellent. Very quiet and spacious and the bed was so comfortable it was hard to get up. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We were on a hiking weekend and the weather was atrocious. The lovely staff dried out our hiking gear, made us hot tea in a flask for our trips. Overall, the staff could not have been nicer. Food is good in the bar also. Breakfast is good and lots of it. I can highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely be back. Glengarriff itself is a lovely spot. Beautiful scenery and everyone we met in the shops and pubs were genuinely nice and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glengarriff
Eccles Hotel Glengarriff
#2 of 5 in Bantry
Beara Coast Hotel
Beara Coast Hotel
#1 of 1 in Castletownbere

Been to Glengarriff Park Hotel? Share your experiences!