“food”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

the food was very average,should haven eaten it in the bar for more atmosphere .the staff were lovely

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have eaten here on many occasions but I felt that I had to write this review as I feel that the Park/Mc Carthy Bar is losing its consistently. I am not sure whether if there has been a change of chef or what but the food here is no longer good. On the last few occasions that I have dined here its been poor to say the least. I have always thought that the prices that they have been charging have been expensive i.e pasta at €15 & €18 is way over the top and Cod at €17.95 but I can get over this if the quality was good but its not. I had food here lately and it was poor maybe its time they change their menu and look at other options. if you expect some1 to pay €13.95 for a lunch they could at least have some nice vegetables rather than overcooked carrots, courgettes, parsnips that have obviously been sitting there all day.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

i ate here on the saturday night of our hols food fab,then i ate again on the tues night,it was obvious it was youngsters waiting on alone as the service was not as good, the weds & thurs night i used it again,both nights bread was forgotton to be put on "our" table(shame because i loved the irish bread!!anyway everynight saw gorgeous crispy fish & chips coming out so on the thurs i ordered it,the young chap(i think his name was sean)put down my soggy greasy piece of fish & said theres no ketchup, to say the least i wasnt impressed & i said so,on paying my bill i did report to Aine the waitress it is stated as "Crispy Cod, not Soggy cod,as usual there was just a laugh &money taken.we didnt use here on our last night as i felt they were getting abit blase & throwing out anything.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our first meal was here! Great food, and beautiful ambiance. Our large group was handled beautifully, and the food was top notch! We went back another night just for dessert...yummy!

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My second visit to the Park was a dreadful let down. On arrival we were advised we could only have full lunch, no soup & sandwiches. This wasn't a problem until just after we ordered the tables on both sides got served their sandwiches plus a table that arrived after us!! We waited, waited & waited for our food as did every other table in the place, a couple of tables complaining to the waiting staff. When mine finally arrived it was burnt. I ate as much as I could as I just couldn't wait any longer plus it was plainly obvious the problems were coming from the kitchen. The waiting staff were doing their absolute best getting people served & tables turned over. They remained calm & pleasant but you could see through their smiles they were not happy. There was no sign of a manager for the 2 hours we were there. If they don't employ enough staff for the high season they should be present to accept responsibility instead of their waiting staff receiving the brunt from angry customers.

3  Thank Rox09