“The best!”
Review of Brookhaven House

Brookhaven House
Ranked #2 of 13 Waterville B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were 5 nights at Brookhaven house. Mary and John were so helpful and great hosts. They make our holiday so easy and wonderfull. Rooms were very clean and cozy with big beds. Breakfast was delicious and every night they asked, what time we like to have it! Mary made reservations and John drives us to the restaurants in village. And when my little boy get sick they help us to get a doctor and medicines. And their daughter made a cake for my mothers birthday!

We definitely will go there again. Brookhaven house is the best!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Spent three nights here, beautifully appointed, comfortable bed, en-suite and great views of the ocean. A short walk to town and some very good restaurants. Thanks to mary for the great breakfasts. We'll definately be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This B and B is a luxury B and B, which has a great breakfast, great rooms and great views over the bay. We were met with cake, tea and paper on arrival and friendly hospitaility from start to finish. Really liked the Breakfast spread here.

We really liked the extra touch of a chocolate on our pillows when we came back from the pub.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed with my daughter and wife in a lovely "triple" room. Proprietors Mary and John were really nice and would do anything to make us comfortable. The breakfast was phenomenal and the entire place was spotless. About 5 minutes from Waterville Golf Links, which is one of the top golf courses in the world. Mary suggested Dooley's restaurant for dinner and it was excellent. About 3 minutes from the Brookhaven. Hope to get back soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank spongebob44
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I made my first trip to Ireland in July with my three boys and the first stop was the Brookhaven house. Upon arriving around 11 am Mary offered to make us breakfast. Immediately I knew we had made the right decision staying here. We stayed 2 nights and Mary had the best breakfast we ever had during our week in Ireland. She made arrangements for dinner,golf and sightseeing..all excellent choices.When we left I was already extremely satisfied but she exceeded my expectations by driving two hours to Tralee with clothes I had left behind when I checked out. I have stayed in many hotels and stayed in 7 different ones while spending two weeks in Ireland and none have ever provided this kind of service. When I return to Ireland I will stay only at one clean,comfortable,friendly and welcoming Guest House and that will be the Brookhaven in Waterville. Thanks again Mary you are the best !!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gmoore0125
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night and found everything fantastic. The views from our lovely large room were wonderful. The room was so spacious and so was the ensuite. Everything spotlessly clean. Breakfast was great. Mary was a wonderful hostess - everything we hoped for - we really enjoyed our chats. Value for money was also great

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine054
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My golf partner and I had two rooms at the Brookhaven on a trip around Ireland for golf. From the time we arrived, the proprietor Mary Clifford took care of us like family (well, actually much better than family at times!). We rolled in about dinner time, and she called ahead to arrange a dinner special at a very good local restaurant. We went on after dinner to enjoy some local pubs, and got back about midnight, only to find our car had a strange electrical system problem---Mary was still up at the front desk and when she saw us heading back out to the car, she came out into the rain with us for about 45 minutes while we finally corrected what would have been a big issue by morning.

The rooms were good size and very clean and practical--just what we needed. Breakfast was to order and prepared exceptionally well, with great service.

Thanks Mary for some wonderful hospitality---hope to stay at Brookhaven again some time!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends