“Beachcove a gem in beautiful Waterville!”
Review of Beachcove Cafe

Beachcove Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in Beachcove twice in my stay in Waterville. The first time was after a hike through the amazing Kerry landscape, I was starving and needed a feed as they say. We stopped a local and asked for fish and chips (what else do you want when by the sea!) They pointed us to Beachcove, I had lemon sole, lightly battered and homemade chips, it was gorgeous, the nicest fish I've had in a long time! The next morning we came back for breakfast, I had eggs, toast and pancakes, yum, and the bonus, the staff knew our names, that's always a big thumbs up for me! Highly recommend Beachcove, I rarely review on Trip Advisor, only if I feel a place warrants it!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Beachcove cafe is on the edge of waterville. Arriving there after a hike on the kerry way, I went for the lemon sole and chips with a little salad on the side. The fish was so fresh and melt in the mouth. The chips were lovely and light and not stoggy or greasy. Real coffee was a welcome pick me up. The interior is modern and fresh and the staff were friendly, prompt and very helpful. I'll certainly be coming back for more.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped here for coffee and cake on a visit to Waterville. Coffee was good, cake was ok. What was a bit off putting was the strong smell of chips deep-frying. Staff were friendly.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

By the time we stopped in Waterville, we were definitely ready for a nice lunch. We visted Beachcover as it was located near the waterfront and had a nice outlook. Service was friendly however the food left ALOT to be desired.

I ordered a American Style Hotdog with onions and mustard. The food came out promptly however I was slightly revolted when I was presented with a stale bun, filled with a boiled sausage, RAW onions and a little mustard. Clearly that hotdog was not made with any love or care. I did try it incase it tasted better than it looked, and when greeted by stale bread, I decided to cut my losses. Thumbs down Beachcove.

1  Thank Beck M
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stopped here recently with friends. I was impressed to get a generous coffee and tasty scone for less than 4 euros. The cafe is near the seafront in Waterville, with a small car park beside it. There was a good range of options on the menu, the prices were very reasonable, the staff were reasonably friendly and efficient and the cafe has a nice view of the sea. All in all a great little cafe for a quick snack or drink.