Brookhaven House(Waterville)
$120
$115
Smuggler's Inn(Waterville)
$119
The Old Cable Historic House(Waterville)(Great Value!)
$92
TripAdvisor
O'Dwyers The Villa(Waterville)
Priceline
Priceline
All reviewscharlie chaplinring of kerryfisherman's barold styletraditional hotelsea viewwonderful hotelhotel bara family run hotelold world charmdrying roomseafood chowderscallopsresidents barroom was spotlesstheir sticky toffee puddingfood was fantastic
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is pretty pricey but they serve very good meals. We ate at many different places in the area and this one was probably the best- it definitely was one of the more upscale. They don't have air conditioning so don't go if it's hot - and it has been unusually hot this year (2018).

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience here . Eliot , our waiter was exceptional and provided top class service. We had a seafood platter as the sun set over the bay and realised we were blessed; amazing food and wine , impeccable service and clement weather . After a superb meal we strolled along the promenade,, a favourite location of the late comedian Charlie chaplin (and I understand why ), and then enjoyed a night cap at the hotel in the company of PAULA one of the proprietors, a great night in Waterville .

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I used to live in Waterville as a boy & returned every year on holidays with my parents as a youngster. I still come back to Waterville albeit infrequently now. So I have seen the many changes at the BA.
The hotel is clean & all the staff we encountered in our brief stay were excellent. If you can, get a sea view room. On a good day it is view to set up the day!! We didn’t eat in the hotel but the restaurant was quite busy both nights. The fishermen bar was ok with locals having a few pints. The residents bar was quiet & tranquil. The musician should stick to being a musician- he doesn’t have a good voice. I would describe the hotel as a little old fashioned, not quaint, certainly not modern- but it does have charm. The only criticism would be that on our stay the rooms were very stuffy & the absence of AC was uncomfortable- but in fairness it was probably the hottest few days in recent history in Waterville ( a place more likely to switch on heating than AC even in the summer!!).
Overall a good experience & I would have no hesitation in returning

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Frank H
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Didn't stay here but had dinner after wandering the length and breadth of Waterville. Scored the very last seat in the place, it was packed. Scallops were delicious and their sticky toffee pudding was to die for. Went back another night to eat it again, and I'm not even a desert person!
Very friendly staff too. If I ever find myself back in Waterville I'll go back.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2018

well generally nice people working here with a good chef- who cooked me a crawfish i took in
the rooms nice
we had dinner and was not offered a table dhote menu - the food was lovely fresh etc - not so the wine the 2015 chardonay was like ACID and was sent back
we had a few probs with internet and were connected - esp 8 am in the morning for 20 mins - i phoned reception who told us it was working - i phoned back she sid it is working and they had been to our corridor - well we heard noeone walking near our room- she effectively accused us of lying -WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT i told her to grow up -and i think that was a fair comment
Long gone has the attitude the customer is always right here from the good old chaplin days long gone is silver service and staff who know what they are selling and ingredience
when a customer tells you nicely something is not working you dont tell them they are mistaken give them 20 e refund and ask them to leave - RESPECT your customers truth

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank itstheblimerick
Paula H, Owner at Butler Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear Mr. Brown,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Butler Arms. While i'm not surprised that you've written a review on TripAdvisor, as you made this crystal clear on checking in to our hotel that you would be doing so``, the content you've written in the post I strongly disagree with.

Let me set the record straight. You were never accused of lying, either directly or indirectly, by any member of hotel team. However, I'd like to say to you once again that the manner in which you conducted yourself to our employees is frankly wholly unacceptable.

To recap. The situation started when you rang reception and shouted down the phone that the internet wasn't working in your room. Our Duty Manager immediately went up to your room and found the internet working outside it. She then rang you back, having checked the broadband box once again, and in a very nice way I should add, informed you that she managed to pick up the wifi and that you could try your connection again. Amazingly, you then proceeded to shout down the phone at her {once again} and told her, and I quote, "to grow up". Mr Brown - let me say once again that this type of aggression is totally uncalled for, no matter the situation, and it will not be tolerated.

Our Duty Manager was understandably shocked and upset in the manner in which you spoke to her. She rang you back to express this, and again you continued to abuse her. She then came to me very upset and explained what had happened. On hearing this I called you to discuss the situation, AND YET AGAIN, you gave me much of the same abuse over the phone. Another member of staff also mentioned that when you returned your wine the previous evening you were also quite rude in the manner in which you spoke to her. In our many years of working in hospitality no one had ever spoken to any members of our staff in the way you did.

Mr Brown, we looked after you very well from the moment you arrived at our reception. In fact when you came to us with your own Crayfish, our chef kindly cooked this for you at minimum charge.

The staff here at the Butler Arms are all very well trained and work to a very high standard. The receptionist on duty who you gave the abuse to has worked with us for over 20 years and I have only ever received positive comments from our guests about her.

Mr Brown, your disgraceful behavior was such that we had no choice but to ask you to leave.

On your TripAdvisor post, I know we are not the only local business to have received such a damaging and untrue review from you and I'm sure we will not be the last!!!

Finally, I hope you learn to treat people in the service industry with respect they deserve.

Kind regards,