Butler Arms Hotel
The Old Cable Historic House(Waterville)(Great Value!)
$119
Currane Lodge(Waterville)
Golf Links View(Waterville)
Waterville House(Waterville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscharlie chaplinring of kerryfisherman's barold styletraditional hotela family run hotelold world charmwonderful hoteldrying roomhotel barsea viewseafood chowderfood was fantasticcrabresidents barhakesteak
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated in the heart of Waterville with easy access to everything. Couldn't fault the staff or the service (especially as my partner left his jacket and they kindly posted it home) however with a hotel that has soo much history behind it, it seems like it needs a little TLC...

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank NikkiWright
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I didn't stay here … but I ate in the interior patio looking out to the Sea … we had a 'reservation' done by our hostess at Brookhaven B&B … we waited patiently in the Bar to be called to our seats for the meal … WOW … what a Bar … chockfull of patrons out for the Charlie Chaplin Ferstival … what a blast … I spoke with 3 groups of guests … each individuals who wanted to share 'the moment' … then it was time for our meal … Everyone enjoyed their choice … with the bread tray especially welcome …

Great ambience … good spirit … enjoy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stan056
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I haven't been fortunate enough to stay at this hotel yet. This is entirely due to its popularity, and I now know that booking well in advance is the order of the day. However, I have been fortunate enough to dine here. Believe me, this has to be one of the finest restaurants in Ireland in my opinion, and I think this place could give any restaurant in New York a run for its money. Do not take my word for it - just try it for yourself. I have reviewed this restaurant before but am compelled to do so again for its consistency

The staff are charming, attentive, hard working and very welcoming. The highlight of Waterville's year is the Annual Charlie Chaplin Comedy Festival. Charlie and his family fell in love with Waterville and this hotel in particular. Chaplin was no fool and given that he had the choice of any 5 star hotel in the world, speaks volumes about his taste. Great food, sincere hospitality and a stunning location is what you get here. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bacchus69
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food here is out of this world, had steak that was cooked to perfection, it cut like butter and the fresh lobster was sweet and delicious. The Chef here is fantastic! Wanted to stay but they were fully booked, will stay next time. Such a nice feel to the Hotel and food that you will remember for a long time. Perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cc16
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My visit to the Butler Arms was arranged with a walking tour company -- an excellent choice. Well-located in the heart of town. Room and bathroom were large, clean and comfortable though someone needs to check the bath towels, as 2 of mine had holes in them. I loved that the windows opened to allow in fresh air and that there was a heater in the bathroom.

A tour bus was there at the same time as our small group and staff, while busy, was attentive and friendly. Reception personnel so accommodating and patient: A woman at the desk helped an Asian guest connect to the hotel's wi-fi which involved a lot of back and forth because of the language differences, but Reception persevered in the most friendly manner and there was success. Dinner and breakfast in the hotel were both very good; menu had many choices. I left my wallet in the hotel room after I checked out and they forwarded it to the next stop in my journey, all money and cards untouched. Impressive!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends