“Second time lucky!”

An Corcan Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Waterville
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving food like it used to taste. Hearty Traditional Plates, Seafood Platters, Veggie Dishes, Omelettes, Soups and Sandwiches., Award Winning Auntie Bridies Brown Bread, Tasty Desserts, Wine Licence. Parties Catered for.We care for our food and customers in equal measures.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my second time in this resturant and i was so pleased! the staff were nothing but nice, fast and very helpful! the food was hot, good value and very very tasty! the portions were huge and delicious :) I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

we stopped by this restaurant on our family trip to waterville. we had a lovely breakfast, service was warm and friendly and the menu was full of variety.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was working in Waterville for a month and i went to this restaurant for a couple of times. i tasted the wonderfull combo soup and sandwich. really tasty and good! i chose My last evening in waterville to taste Fiona's apple pie for the last time because it's just lovely. when i tried to pay for it Fiona told me that it was my good-bye present. lovely food and lovely people. i love this restaurant and i advise everyone to eat there.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Corcan was a real disappointment. We were looking forward to going here having read the reviews on Tripadvisor but were sorry disappointed with the quality and consistency of service. I suspect they have a staffing problem.
We dined here at the start of the two week break in Waterville and had a nice experience, which boded well for the rest of our holiday. So on our second visit we were really surprised when:
- we waited ages to be attended even though there was only one other table occupied
- the guy who served us was grumpy and acted like we were an inconvenience for coming into the restaurant, even though this was lunchtime in peak season
- our children ordered hot chocolates and were given scorching hot drinks with no marshmallows. I know it sounds petty but in other cafes, children's drinks tend to be cooler and the novelty of the marshmallows is something kids love. We asked and he just looked at us blankly and said 'no'
- much to our amusement, our children asked could they go back because they had written the children's menu in kid-friendly language (they wanted to try the 'ninja nuggets' cos they sounded cool!)
- lo and behold, the table next to us had a family drinking hot chocolates with marshmallows, clearly not getting scalded.

The quality of the food was variable, with some nice dishes but some had been just badly handled (salad really limp having being chopped and left hanging around, 'ninja nuggets' turned out to be just deep fried from frozen processed nuggets from the supermarket), my fish and chips was not fresh.

I'd recommend up try some of the other cafes I the town, which are consistent and have great service. Hopefully corcan can sort it out, because given the previous reviews here, they are either inconsistent or they have a recent problem that needs rectifying.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hi there, I went to An Corcan after reading reviews here but I was extremely disappointed. We waited ages to get a menu and even longer for the waitress to take our order. The salad accompanying the very mediocre chicken dish was brown and slimy! It was absolutely terrible! I politely and quietly pointed it out to the waitress and asked for some coleslaw instead, not one word of apology was uttered. Again when I was paying I asked the waitress if the chef was aware his salad was decomposing and she said very meekly that yes she told him. No apology from the chef. A simple "Oh we're sorry here's some gorgeous fresh salad instead" would have sufficed.