“Beautiful setting and a nice restaurant”
Review of The Restaurant

The Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blissfully located upon the shores of Lough Ree, The Restaurant at Wineport Lodge enjoys an incomparable setting on the edge of Ireland's peaceful inland waterways. Guests can enjoy a warm welcome from our friendly team and with it, an innovative approach to modern and attentive hospitality. Famously delicious contemporary cuisine accompanied by an eclectic, carefully selected wine list is always on the menu, with the most flavoursome local produce regularly appearing as a daily special. The Restaurant at Wineport Lodge is a truly memorable dining experience.
Longford, Ireland
“Beautiful setting and a nice restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had been wanting to visit the Wineport for some time so perhaps my expectations were set a little high. The Wineport is in a beautiful location and the setting could not be faulted, I would actually love to spend a night here to wake up to the views.....I was dining in a group, service was quick, although there was quite a delay between starters and main course. Serving staff were very nice and helpful. Wine selection was good. I had the duck starter and found it to be tasty but very very salty, perhaps because of the amount of soy sauce. For main course I had the Rib Eye Steak and it was ok, definitely not as good as I would have expected from this restaurant. It was lacking any colour and looked like it had been oven roasted rather than grilled or fried which meant it also lacked a lot of flavour. It was served with sweet potato fries, fine, but for me it's hard to beat a normal potato chip. Dessert choice was good. Overall, it was an ok dining experience but I was a little dissappointed after looking forward to it for so long.....

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank prettypink21
Norma W, General Manager at The Restaurant, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Prettypink21,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We really appreciate it.

I have passed your comments on to the kitchen.

Kind regards,
Norma

Dublin, Ireland
“Positive Memories”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked this venue and restaurant for my wife's 50th birthday in September 2013. The staff were brilliant and could not have been more helpful.
The location is exquisite sitting right on the edge of the Shannon facing the western sunset.
We booked a boat trip for the 26 of us and with a combination of excellent weather and lovely canapés, beer and prosecco all provided by Wineport lodge, we had a great trip.
Dinner that evening was equally lovely and again the performance of all in Wineport could not have been better.
Sitting outside after dinner with late evening views over the Shannon, outdoor heaters taking away the chill of the night, attentive staff helping to keep our glasses charged, we could not have asked for a nicer way to wind the evening down.
Lovely venue, lovely food, great staff, lovely accommodation, fantastic weather and a very happy wife. Lots of brownie points earned by my efforts with the willing assistance of all in Wineport lodge.

• Visited September 2013
Norma W, General Manager at The Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear mountanville,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your evening with us.

Mountrath, Ireland
“Excellent food and lovely setting”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Here as part of a group for a corporate dinner. Very nice place overall. Food was excellent as might be expected. Nice atmosphere and very civilised clientele. Had some very lovely food and would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area,

• Visited April 2014
Norma W, General Manager at The Restaurant, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear jpcampion,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your evening with us.

Best regards,

“Beautiful!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked a night here for our anniversary. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. This place is beautiful and the food was excellent. Every single morsel of food I put in my mouth was delicious. The setting of the whole place is lovely and tranquil. The staff were lovely too. I'll finish by noting that whoever runs this place hasn't missed a step, everything about the place hit the mark. Well done folks, we'll definitely be back.

Norma W, General Manager at The Restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Eamonn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review.

We are really thrilled with it.

We look forward to seeing you soon again!

Clare
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

So glad we found this place. It is unmissable. Perfect in every way!

Great food, service, staff and view. It is a beautifully desined space and it is great value for money. We had the early bird and we could not fault it. When you have to try to find fault you know you are on to a winner. Perfect - an experience we hope to repeat again and again. 100% Fabulous! Can't wait to return.

• Visited March 2014
Norma W, General Manager at The Restaurant, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Marie M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review.

We are really thrilled with it.

We look forward to seeing you soon again!