“Family function”

Ranked #28 of 102 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Blissfully located upon the shores of Lough Ree, The Restaurant at Wineport Lodge enjoys an incomparable setting on the edge of Ireland's peaceful inland waterways. Guests can enjoy a warm welcome from our friendly team and with it, an innovative approach to modern and attentive hospitality. Famously delicious contemporary cuisine accompanied by an eclectic, carefully selected wine list is always on the menu, with the most flavoursome local produce regularly appearing as a daily special. The Restaurant at Wineport Lodge is a truly memorable dining experience.
Kinnegad, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family function”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It has been a few years since I visited this restaurant. It was for a family birthday and I brought my two boys 5 & 7. I was a bit concerned with the boys and the menu choice for them, I needn't have worried. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The level of service was excellent. The food was fantastic and not overly expensive as we were there for the early bird menu. We all enjoyed the experience thoroughly. The views are wonderful as the setting is on the lake. I would recommend a visit and I am planning a return visit soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Keavy M
Norma W, General Manager at The Restaurant, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Keavy M,

Thank you for posting your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us & look forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Carlow, Ireland
“Fine Food in a Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My expectations of this restaurant were high after hearing so much about it and thankfully it did not let me know. We went for the early bird menu which is good value, although the menu options are quiet small. But I found something I liked with no problem. My wife had the salmon spring rolls to start with which she said was the nicest spring rolls she ever had! The chicken chimichurri for my main course was lovely and tasty. All the food was well presented and the service was attentive. For a restaurant with such a high reputation it was nice that it is informal and relaxed. And as for the view...as good as it gets in a restaurant in Ireland.

• Visited August 2013
Dear ASarge77,

Thank you so much for your review.

It's great to get such feedback.

Thank you!

County Dublin, Ireland
“Superb”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Relaxing, picturesque, very friendly, delicious and everything good you have ever heard about the Wineport Lodge....it's all true. This hotel is definitely worth visiting for a relaxing weekend or break. The views of the lake, the helpful staff and the food all make this hotel a little haven in the middle of Ireland....enjoy

Visited August 2013
Dear Cilian,

Thank you so much for your glowing account.

We are thrilled with your feedback.

Derry
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a lovely meal here. Didn't really know what to expect but felt we had to give it a try. Loved everything about it from the casual building to the relaxed but in no way lazy attitude of all of the staff. Clever uniforms added to the feeling of informality but never let down the smartness factor. The food was excellent. Not at all the arty refined stuff I had expected rather earthy local interpretations packed full of flavour with no pretentiousness. My belly of pork was sublime. Loved it so much will try to sneak a romantic getaway there some time in the future and spend a night or two in the hotel.

Visited July 2013
Dublin
“Best waterfront place to dine in Ireland”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Called in ( by boat) for Saturday Night dinner, during the recent heatwave.
Most impressed with their private landing jetty!
Requested to dine outdoors, on the terrace, and our preferences were accommodated with the minimum of fuss.
Based on what we experienced, the standards and professionalism of this restaurant are second to none. The quality of service and food was simply perfect.
And the wine list was well selected, and fair value for money.
Overall, the night in the Wineport will go down as most enjoyable,
The place seems to have a magic formula at generating a "feel good factor" --- in our experience.
And to help close out a really good night, the bill was most reasonable.
My wife wants to go back soon, and so do I.

• Visited July 2013