“Nice informal restaurant but prefer the old menu....”
Review of The Left Bank

The Left Bank
Ranked #10 of 111 Restaurants in Athlone
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Having dined here a number of times in recent years the newer revised menu is a little disappointing. In my last 2 visits the food I have chosen has been good but I feel it is a little limited. Service was ok although we did have to ask for our water to be refilled at least twice during the evening and also waited a considerable amount of time before ordering drinks. Food service was fast and efficient and everyone enjoyed it. Our server did not engage much with us and was a little distant not the normal welcoming service I would be used to from this restaurant. Great location and very busy even for a week night.

2  Thank prettypink21

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Left Bank Restaurant has a fantastic ambience about it.....it is always full and no wonder !!
The food so far has been terrific....my friend had Roast Lamb and I had Hake. So tasty.
Both starters were great too!! We skipped the dessert as time was against us and just settled for coffee!!
We will be back!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice and helpful staff, lovely food and good selection of vines. What I did not like is the setting - very canteen-like...

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Friendly staff - food is good - you feel like you're out! The location is great - in the left bank of Athlone - near the river ....and Sean's Bar!

1  Thank CCostello1
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were looking for lunch place for seven adults and five kids and after boat trip landed in here with no appointment. wow what a find. We were made so welcome and served efficiently. the door never stopped opening bring more and more customers so this place was busy busy but the service was spot on. the Most delicious food I have had in a very long time. Fresh produce with a lovely twist, we sampled the soup and home made bread, the chicken with lovely fried potatoes, the pizza bread, burger, salads and delighted to see a kids menu that was fresh and home made too with options of fresh fish, chicken goujons and pasta dishes sampled by our clan. I had the seat facing a counter piled high with lovely cakes but was too full to try any but the chocolate cheesecake was wolfed down by the men and got a serious thumbs up! Portion sizes ideal for lunch and all plates cleared. Prices reasonable. Deffo be back here again !

1  Thank Karentipp