Benown House B&B
Book now, pay at stay
$162
$218
$205
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$107
$95
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$162
$67
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$106
$103
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/02
  • Restaurant
Cooneys Hotel(Ballymahon)
Book now, pay at stay
$151
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I traveled with my parent. It was our first time staying in a Irish B&B. It will not be our last. The house was spotless and we were looking after very good. The breakfasts were freshly cooked and had a good choice. The area has some fine bars and restaurants and a golf course 2Km away. We stayed 2 nights and intent to return again.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed August 31, 2009

The landlady insisted that I leave a family wedding dinner at 6pm to collect the keys. She would not let us collect the keys at 9pm as we had requested. Having paid €20 on a taxi to collect the keys I arrived and waited for 5 minutes for her to answer the door. When she arrived she was very gruff. I was not going to complain until the following day but her attitude prompted me to tell her that I did not think she was being very hospitable or accommodating refusing as she was to allow us to collect the key a little later. When I brought this up she said that I didn't have to stay and that in fact she didn't want me to stay. Then her husband appeared and shouted me out the door and even raised his hand to me. I was left to find a B&B at very short notice and luckily the Taxi driver took pity on my situation and arranged it for me. I have to say that these rude people ruined a family wedding that we had looked forward to for a long time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MillyWoops
Reviewed July 1, 2009

good location, good breakfast. a lot of attention to detail.
however, uncomfrotable greeting from the owner, whose welcome seemed very forced, like we were disturbing her.
a couple of little things made me feel like i was a nusisance rather than a valued customer. For example, she asked what time we want breakast. we asked what time it is served. she said it ususally ends at half nine, but she could make an exception and do it at ten. very kind of her, we thought....until when she closed the door after her we saw a sign which said that breakfast is normally served until ten anyway!

signs in the bedroom saying "please do not use towels for removing fake tan or make up". Am I meant to be psychic and bring my own towels? Or run down to the shops at 2am? Even with maximum effort you will leave some on the towel. I suggest that if this is a problem, the owner should provide towels any colour other than white.

avoid room no. 1. the sink and towels are in the bedroom. thats because the ensuite is so small there isnt even room between the shower and the toilet to dry yourself properly. no matter how much you love someone its not always fun to dry off in front of them.

BEWARE check out was 11am.

on the plus side, extremely clean, and great breakfast.
on the plusses

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bos78
Reviewed March 19, 2009

My husband and I had a one night stay with a friend at this lovely B&B. We arrived early but were shown to our comfortable clean rooms with a smile. The breakfast was superb and we couldn't fault the service. We ate in both of the local pubs which were both walking distance and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. We would definately return to the Benown.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My girl friend and I had the pleasure of staying here in June this year. We were attending a wedding in the nearby Wineport Lodge hotel. We received a very warm welcome for the hostess, who accommodated us with an early check in so we could change and prepare for the wedding. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, Rhubarb and of course a cooked menu selection.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)