Arch House B&B & Apartments
$156
Hodson Bay Hotel(Athlone)
$188
$156
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$122
$108
Creggan Court(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$94
$91
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Moate)(Great Value!)
$98
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswasher dryerbedroom apartmenthen partycentre of townwalking distancebreakfast was deliciousbars and restaurantscentral locationsean's barwould stay againmaureenaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We pre-booked 4 rooms for 1 night. when we got there, we were told to go on the appartments complex, which is 2 minutes walk from the B&B. Car park was on the strret - free after 18:00, but you need to pay as of 08:30 next morning.
The appartment we got was to the strret and noisy. This one is on first floor, but our friends got another one to share on the second floor with high staris. Each apartment has 2 roms, one with en-suit, other out of the room. The advantae of the appartment is a living room where we could all sit together.
Apart from that - appartment is very basic - no towel hanger, nothing in the bathroom.
Breakfast was also basic, in the B&B facilities.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hagitn
archhousebnb, Owner at Arch House B&B & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Dear Hagitn
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Customer feedback is important to us. I am dissappointed that you did not enjoy your stay in our Apartments. As your party consisted of 8 adults and one child and our apartments are very spacious and popular with families, I upgraded your booking as I felt you would enjoy the leisure / lounge space that comes with apartments.

One of the two apartments has one room that was on the street front and as it was the night of the Leaving Cert results in Ireland there were celebrations going on late, however one of the ladies in your party advised me of this at breakfast time, I am sorry that her sleep was interrupted and I dealt with the matter immediately..

Our Apartments are located just 150 metres from the B&B and we offer guests the choice of private car parking at the B&B or the use of the public car parks beside the Apartments, one is unpaid parking and the other is paid parking.

We offer an extensive Breakfast Menu incl. Full Irish Breakfast, Choice of Cold Meats & Cheeses, Fresh Fruit, Yoghurts, Cereals, Juices etc. However if we are aware of any special requirements we are more than happy to cater for them.

We are always looking at ways to improve our standards and your comments are valuable to us. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

we travelled here at the weekend for a hen party. We had 2 apartments fri to sun. 1 apartment was bright & spacious & the other apartment was slighty smaller with less light & a very stale smell which we couldnt get rid of our whole stay. all the rooms have double beds, with 1 in each apartment having an ensuite. the owners state the apartments are serviced daily which they are not. we also had no hot water in our apartment which we drew attention to on the first night & Mohammed looked at it for us & said he didnt understand why it wasnt working & that was it. The free parking at the b&b is a narrow backyard & at the apartments is a public car park. The bigger apartment was excellent for us all to gather in & party because it was at the front of the building & was separate from the other apartments in the block, so we werent disturbing anyone. the apartments were supposedly equipped for the purpose of self catering breaks but the smaller of the two apartments had empty cupboards in the kitchen....there wasnt a cup, plate, glass or spoon in it while the bigger apartment had all these but the saucepans were disgusting. if you want basic accomodation at hotel prices or somewhere for a rowdy break then stay here but if you want luxury or budget accomodation forget it.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank msnuttyprof
archhousebnb, Owner at Arch House B&B & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

Dear Ms Nutty Prof,
I was amazed to read your review on Monday afternoon, after your party checked out on Sunday. I wasn't sure in the beginning if it was the same group at all. Upon departure on Sunday your Organiser (Bridesmaid) whom I had dealt with throughout the entire booking, check in and check out process expressed her sincerest thanks to my staff and myself for a wonderful stay. She expressed her delight at the apartments, their facilities and location.

So I spoke to her on the phone and she was just as surprised as I was with your review.

However I would first of all like to say Thank You for taking the time to post your comments and I endeavour to address them individually as follows;

1. Stale smell; We had a late checkout from this apartment prior to your arrival. They had stayed a number of weeks and the apartment had received very little airing during this period. I apologise the any discomfort it caused.
2. Servicing of Apartments; Your Organiser couldn't agree with this. She met our staff at the apartments each day while they were doing their work and verified that the apartments were fully serviced and fresh towels provided.
3. All Rooms have Double Beds; Many of the apartments offer rooms with a Double and Single Bed in each room. Perhaps if you preferred a Single Bed it would have been adviseable to request it from your Organiser in advance as we do not get involved in the allocation of beds to groups.
4. No Hot Water; Your Organiser informed me that there was no hot water in your Apartment on arrival and upon investigation Mohammed discovered that the time clock needed to be adjusted following the departure of the previous guests. This adjustment was made and neither Myself, Mohammed or your Organiser were aware of any difficulties thereafter.
5. Car Parking; We offer a total of 10 car parking spaces at the B&B, just 150 metres from the apartments. However many guests choose to use the public car park beside the apartments as it is more convenient.
6. Lack of Self Catering Equipment; All apartments are fully fitted with all equipment for a self catering break. However the larger apartment that you referred to (Apartment 7) is usually the 'Meeting point' and the equipment gets moved to this apartment for group catering. My apologies for any inconvenience this caused.
7. Basic Accommodation at Hotel Prices; I find this comment extraordinary!! Our Apartments are just three years old and are fully fitted to a very modern tasteful standard. They are particularly popular for groups and famililes alike and our volume of return business speaks for itself. I am fully aware of the rates charged by the Hotels in Athlone Town as we all work closely together and are in constant contact. I think you should do more research on this point.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed here as 2 adults, and 2 kids.
Staff were very good. Price seemed ok at the time, but I later found out was matched by full service hotels nearby.
Great location, tight parking when full.
I stayed in the room over the breakfast room, at the front of the house. I would not recommend same. Very small, but the main problem was the windows would not shut/seal fully. This was not a problem during the day, but between 2am-4am, there was lots of activity/noise coming out of nearby pubs, and while a normal double glazed window would have kept the noise out, these did not.
Another family, paying the same price, stayed in the linked apartments, which were huge, with 2-3 rooms, leather furniture/large TV's, washing machine etc. A much better offer!
However, and strangely, it had no cups/tea bags/coffee etc., despite having a kettle!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Dear Dublinlocal,
Thank you for your review.
I am dissappointed to learn that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
Our rooms offer a Double and Single Bed only and are adequate for 2 Adults and 1 Child or 3 Adults. In your situation you wished to accommodate a fourth person and in order to do this we have to add a camp bed and this is advised at the time of booking.
All our windows are double glazed and we don't usually encounter noise from the street. I apologise for the disturbance you encountered due to the seal being broken, we strive to keep on top of maintenance and feedback such as yours is invaluable to us.
I was amazed to read that a family accommodated in our Apartments were paying the same rate as yourselves as no comparison can be made between the space & facilities offered by both options. Having checked my Diary with great attention I have not found this situation, I am puzzled by this as indeed I am about your comment about the Hotel nearby charging the same price. There are three Hotels in Athlone Town Centre and I am very aware of the rates quoted by each of them as we work closely together.
However if you and your family have reason to visit Athlone again please contact me. If your preference is for our Apartments, I will be happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

We found Archhouse B & B easily in Athlone, and Maureen welcomed us warmly and efficiently. Our camper fitted into the carpark, and Mohammed kindly let us park our bikes in the house next door. Breakfast was always a great Irish feast, and our beds were made and towels changed daily. Mohammed seemed to be on duty 24/7, and even brought our champagne up to our room from his fridge, for us to celebrate competing in the European Triathlon. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We made an unplanned trip to Athlone during our Irish getaway and stayed at the Arch House. What a pleasant find in a quaint Irish city. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff more than courteous and helpful! Would recommend this B&B to anyone traveling through Athlone! Oh and the full Irish breakfast was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business