“Average stay”

Arch House B&B & Apartments
Ranked #3 of 20 Athlone B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we were meeting with friends in athlone. Upon arrival we were greated by a lovely lady with and English accent she was very welcoming and friendly . The room was ok we booked a double room but got two single beds pushed together in the middle of the night they seperated and I found myself on the floor between the beds ! We slept alright otherwise. However upon arrival at breakfast in the morning a man who appeared to be the manage came to our table explaining that there had been a complaint made about noise coming from our room throughout the night ? I explained to him that they must have made a mistake with the room number but he never apologised very un-professional in my opinion. When we checked out I went to the kitchen to pay our bill by cash only to be told that he had charged my credit card that morning ! I was very annoyed as when I booked the room it stated that the credit card was just for booking purposes and would not be charged. On the up side breakfast was nice .

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lfhayes31

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here in three days in combination with a great wedding party here in Athlone. Arch House B&B recommended by good friends and our expectations fulfilled to 100%. Centrally located and staff were very pleasant. Rooms are clean and big enough for a good night sleep. No traffic noise as our room faced to the backside. Breakfast good and served very quickly. We recommend this place to all of you reading my review.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Centrally located within Athlone. Staff was very pleasant, and kept our luggage safe while we waited for rooms to be ready. Rooms are exceptionally clean. Bed was a little tired, but still comfortable. Breakfast included hot and cold items, complete with a menu...with a really fast kitchen. would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Great for couples, or,young family with kids.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a very comfortable, friendly B&B. My room was pleasant, well-furnished and impeccably maintained, while the staff were really helpful, cheerful and efficient. The breakfast, served in a nice sunny room, offered a wide choice, including fresh fruit (much appreciated). I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carla K
Reviewed August 9, 2013

A group of us stayed in these apartments for 2 nights in July. I could not recommend them enough. As we had 4 apartments rented, the owner had a big btl of champagne left out for us on our arrival. Outside our apartments is a huge courtyard and this was where we spent most of our weekend as we were lucky enough to have a heatwave while we were there.
There is a free car park just around the corner from the entrance door to the apartments (opposite supermacs) The apartments are very secure as you need a fob to get into the main door leading up to them.

Athlone is a great town to visit as everything Is close together so there is not that much walking to do especially if ye are a group of girls in heels!!! My sister dealt with the owner in booking the apartments & said he was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I must also compliment the cleaning staff, they were excellent & very friendly to us when they came each day to clean the apartment.
I have to say that the apartments made our weekend & I will definitely be returning to stay in them again

Room Tip: Apartment 7 has a very big living area ideal for a big group of people.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We arrived in Athlone late and booked the two bedroom apartment at the last minute. The apartment itself was nice with lots of room for our small family group. Tea and coffee were very welcome. The beds were comfortable.

Only a few small things that were a problem - the en suite shower door was broken, but thankfully the main bathroom shower was ok. The towels were clean but could do with being replaced as some were bleached stained.

The bedlinen in one of the rooms was clean but in need of replacement as they were covered in what looked like fake tan stains. We couldn't use the dishwasher as the top drawer was broken.

The lady at the B&B who took the keys from me the following day seemed very uninterested when I told her about the dishwasher(she was busy with breakfast and I was dismissed with a ''ok''). I just said thank you and left. No point in telling her about the rest, would have been another waste of breath.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose. I wouldn't recommend. Only if you were very stuck at the last minute.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ...........
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a return visit to the Arch House apartments and same as last year really enjoyed our stay friendly staff and Maureen always on hand for anything you require. The apartments are roomy and have everything you require and I would highly recommend them should you wish to self cater in Athlone. Many thanks to Maureen, Chris and all the staff from Mick & Co

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends