“Nice place to stay.”

Ranked #3 of 20 Athlone B&B and Inns
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to stay.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Room was great, bathroom was clean and on the larger size for B&B's. Walked the area, a lot of neat shops and pubs. Breakfast was good. Nothing to complain about except there wasn't the "personal" feel to the place...not sure who the owners were, but was nice to stay at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
archhousebnb, Owner at Arch House B&B & Apartments, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Lovesfoodncraftbeer,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found our location, facilities and staff to your expectations. I have passed on your kind comments to my staff. I am sorry to read that you missed the 'personal feel'. Whilst I endeavour to meet every guest, I had been away for a number of weeks due to a family bereavement. If you have the opportunity to return to us again please do not hesitate to contact me so I can get the opportunity to meet you in person.
Kindest Regards,
Maureen Flynn
Owner/Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dublin
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were a stag party of 14 and had booked into the Apartments for one night. Apartments were very clean and great location in the centre of the town, everything was within walking distance. The manager, Mohammad, was extremely courteous and helpful. We availed of the Stag package that Maureen provides. We went Karting in Pallas, followed by a BBQ in Seans Bar in Athlone. The package was ideal and hassle free. We had Breakfast rolls ready for us the next morning before we departed. I would highly recommend it for Stag/Hen weekends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We arrived in Athelone thinking we had a reservation at the hotel in town. My error! It was a bank holiday weekend, and space was limited throughout the town. We were referred to the Arch House where we were warmly greeted by the staff. It is perfectly located in the center of town with on site, free parking. The rooms are small, but newly remodeled and spotless! The breakfast was delicious served by a cheery and attentive waitstaff. The price, location, breakfast and wonderful staff can't be beat. We were so very grateful for the accommodation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were a hen party of 16 and must say we were very well looked after. Apartments were very clean and kitted out well, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Our whole weekend was planned with the help of Maureen, from cruise to BBQ to nightclub this package was ideal and hassle free. Location was great and everything was within walking distance. The manager Mohammad was a gent. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed at Arch House over the past 5 years when I've visited Athlone for work.The staff always make me feel welcome and are so helpful when it comes to directions and advice re restaurants.The bedrooms are always spotless and refurbished on a regular basis.Private parking is available at the rear.Last year I left my phone behind in the room after checking out and the lady of the house dropped the phone into where I was working that day.This kind of service is unique and is why I like to stay whenever I'm in athlone.The gentleman who serves breakfast is very hardworking and and serves a fabulous morning feast.I feel compelled to encourage anyone to stay there especially any woman travelling on her own.You feel a great sense of safety and comfort!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was just passing through Athlone and needed a B&B. I stopped at one place but she wasn't open yet, however she directed me to the Arch House. She should get a kickback. This was a terrific place to stay on the fly. The guy who greeted me at the door was quite congenial. The location was right in the middle of a rather gritty city, so I expected perfunctory treatment at best, but the staff was all very friendly and welcoming. My room was clean and well maintained. My room did face the street and the outside noises did intrude, but I always travel with earplugs so this was no problem for me. After a certain time, things quieted down quite a bit and I had a very good night's sleep. The traditional Irish breakfast was well prepared and my request for hot oatmeal was readily fulfilled. I really appreciated the off-street parking. If I ever pass through Athlone again, I'll be stopping here. Within walking distance of anything you'd need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were a Hen party of 27 who stayed in Arch House Apartments rather than B&B which Im sure is as fabulous as the apartments. Maureen is a absolute star and gave us so much help and information on where to eat, drink etc before arriving! Location is perfect, free parking, great facilities, really spacious (even for large crowd like us) housekeeping, everything we wanted was provided. I would highly reccommend and we will definitely be back!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends