“Has gone downhill”

Ranked #37 of 102 Restaurants in Athlone
Ballinasloe, Ireland
“Has gone downhill”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

We used to come here a lot and always liked our meal never had any issues but the last 2 times we went the food really hasn't been up to standard. The waitresses are lovely and you can tell they are trying their best but the food is gone pretty bad and takes an awful long time to be served, last time I ordered a steak sandwich medium it arrived out after 25 minutes (no it wasn't busy) and it was so rare I couldn't eat it. It's a pity

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Pic0l0

west midlands
“Huge portions, great prices”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

1st visit and couldnt fault it. The food was amazing. I got a cajun salad and it was huge and very tasty. Defo would recommend :-))

2 Thank WestMidlandsArsenal
County Galway, Ireland
“Perfect for Lunch”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The food at the Charcoal Grill was great, I had the Lamb and my girlfriend had the Tandoori Kebab and we were extremely satisfied with both the quality of the food and the price. There was only one person serving customers when we walked in which was during the lunch rush so there was some delay in waiting for the food but the service was great otherwise.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank BrendanOBrienIRL
Athlone, Ireland
“great food”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

a bit of a delay between ordering and getting my food but it was so worth it .Try the madras. A little hard to find if you do not know the town use the golden island shopping center as a landmark the path out of the shopping center leads straight past the restaurant.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Victor F
Roscommon, Ireland
“Fab Kebab”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Been here several times the Tikka is not something I would recommend however the Shish Kebabs are wonderful ,well marinated and tender .. the waitresses can be attentive and friendly depending on what day and who serves you , but 1 of my pet hates is that peoples plates are taken from the table when they are finished while others at the table are not finished leaving them feeling rushed.... also physical contact[by the waitress] can be quite patronizing and I personally think should not be done .... would the waitress like to be touched by a customer I wonder??

• Visited June 2014