“Little Gem!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of My melody restaurant

My melody restaurant
Ranked #19 of 97 Restaurants in Athlone
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I found that this restaurant is athlone's little treasure! The food is exceptional and the service from the staff is amazing! All very friendly and happy to help ;) i have dined here quite a few times and im happy to say that it is doing well in business ;) i dont understand where the bad reviews are coming from on here about this restaurant? All food is sourced locally as one waitress was happy to inform me,(long blonde hair) i would like to credit her as she was very knowlegable about wines and the food served in the premises and also recommended other dishes we wouldnt of usually chose.. Im very happy with this place and very happy to return ;)

1 Thank Laura-shore

• Polish first
Athlone, Ireland
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just had a dinner with my husband in this restaurant. We had a starter and a main. I would say the soup was the best and really nice. The rest was ok, very average. Service was quick and staff very attentive. Felt little bit squeezed because of very limited space in this restaurant. Fair price for the food. Would return just because i know much better restaurants in Athlone, like 'Left bank bistro' or Lebanese 'Al Mezze'.

1 Thank pelene
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great little spot, just beside the river. We both ordered the breakfast (one mini and one full Irish) and it was one of the tastiest and best value brekkie's I've had. The girl looking after us was brilliant - great manner, nothing was too much trouble and came across as really enjoying her job. At just under €15 for the two breakfasts, I can't fault it at all and would definitely return when in the area again.

1 Thank XshellyX
Athlone, Ireland
“Not what it says on the menu! !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

A busy little spot by the Shannon had lunch here. In general only an average experience. I ordered the "Warm chicken and egg salad" which was supposed to be served on a bed of lettuce and roasted peppers with coleslaww and brown bread.
Service was quick but there was no peppers or coleslaw so having enquired with the waitresses if I read the menu wrong they brought it back to the kitchen..ten minutes later the bowel was returned with the coleslaw and a small few peppers and Red onion and grated cheese on top. Appearance was good until I started to eat. I had been given back the same bowel with extra lettuce the chicken was stone cold and there was only two pieces in the bowel. On paying for the food (7.90)I was not asked if I enjoyed my meal or was everything alright. .more attention to detail is required if this place wants their customers to return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank b00b0
London, United Kingdom
“My worst dining experience ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I feel compelled to write a review of this restaurant to save other unknowing customers and tourists the experience I and two friends had. We ordered three breakfasts, the milk for our teas and coffees was sour and when a super grumpy blonde haired waitress was asked to replace a coffee because of this she refused saying "thats the way the coffee should look" (there was sour milk globules floating in the coffee). I asked her then to replace the milk. She took the milk away, but I had to ask her for it again after a good five minutes as she had forgotten and then she had the nerve to snap at me and say "you only asked for it two minutes ago". The breakfasts arrived and everything on the plate was burnt to a crisp, I told this to manager, but he didn't seem too bothered, he didn't charge for one of the breakfasts as a gesture, but thinking back he shouldn't have charged for anything as this food was not worthy for a dog. Stay well away from this place! It is located opposite the castle and beside Seans bar.

3 Thank Donal K