“Superb experience”

La Cucina Di Angelo's
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish, Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We provide, high quality traditional freshly made Italian dishes, with fresh local ingredients at an affordable price. We are a casual dining experience with top class family customer service. Try us and you decide, we know you wont be disappointed!! We are an Italian family of two sister and one brother with the knowledge and secrets form our ancestors in Italian cuisine. We look forward to meeting you and serving you.
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My First time to review on Tripadviser but I just had to make it know what a gem of a restaurant this is. We decided to try this place on Sunday based on Tripadviser reviews and also on the recommendation of our hotel receptionist. The location of this place is ideal, right in the centre of Athlone town. The beautiful, quaint decor is what hits you first, then the beaming smiles from the staff. We sat in a booth, they are great, private and candlelit for the relaxing ambient experience. This restaurant is relaxed and casual. The menu is extensive with lots of choice and our waitress explained the specials to us very well. I had the Louisiana pork, delicious and very moreish!! The home-made chips are great too! My partner had the catch of the day which was Hake wrapped in Parma ham and served with green beans and prawns. He was very impressed with that. Then we shared a pancake pleasure...delush! The nice surprise was the price, two mains, one dessert, two coffees and a bottle of wine for just less than €50!!!! Amazing. The quality, service and atmosphere will not let you down in this place. A must try for all. Thank you La Cucina.

2  Thank Suziesh123

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Visited here for first time and enjoyed a starter and main course only 15e early bird menue food is fantastic esp the perri chicken and I tried my partners steak pure heaven!! Staff are welcoming and very friendly will definitely return for our new favourite restaurant in athlone!

2  Thank Annmarie76
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant for dinner - a group of 9 adults two young children and a baby. The staff were fantastic. the standard of the food was very high and a special effort was made to cater for the children. This restaurant encourage patrons to bring their own wine

2  Thank John C
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently visited Athlone to meet a couple of friends & was invited to dine at La Cucina Di'angelo's.The first thing that immediately came to my attention was how neat, simple and classy the outside looked.Upon entering was even better! I felt an immediate warmth and cosiness about the place!We were seated in a 4 seater booth, which was roomie yet intimate.Emma was our waitress & looked after us all night, even serving us a complimentary aperitif :) She was so genuine & and took time out to speak to us! I had the calamari to start which was was delicious,and my steak, which I ordered blue was cooked to perfection & the seasonal veg that accompanied my mains had just the right aldante bite to them! This restaurant is cute and quirky. The staff and food are top notch!hope to be back soon:)

3  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you're in Athlone and looking for a nice little place with good food, nice atmosphere and really tasty food then go here. Such a cute little place with little booths so nice and private for a date or a get together with friends. Great Italian tunes in the background, candles and lovely lighting.... You actually feel like you could be in Italy Staff are so nice and friendly. Then the food. I have been twice and the food was really good on both occasions. The menu is extensive with lots to choose from (not the best selection for vegetarians but they were more than happy to offer vegetarian versions of many of the meals so you just need to ask). Really interesting dishes and much better selection than your run of the mill Italian in Ireland. Plus the food is so reasonably priced. Starters 5-7 euro, mains approx 10-15 euros. Went with 3 friends who are all real foodies and we loved everything about it.

2  Thank eveam_12