The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$94
$79
Arch House B&B & Apartments(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$126
$84
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$98
$90
$111
$83
Orbitz.com
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$80
$69
$111
$103
$251
Official Site
1,910 results
All reviewsa business class roomavril kiernanoverlooking the riverjunior suiteshannon riverhotel is in a great locationbar foodfamily roombar staffhot foodcentre of townsteam roombreakfast was excellentgreat selectionstayed here for one nightenjoyable staystaff were lovely
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Here for a meeting of about 100 colleagues. The Radisson SAS is certainly the best business hotel in Athlone...not that that is high praise. The hotel appears to be trying to capture the hip zeitgeist of the dot com era... and misses the mark some 9 years later. Not sure but my guess is that is was conceived and built during this era.

When I arrived after an overnight flight from the US my room was not ready (I was there prior to check in time so no points off for that). The staff stored my luggage and with work out clothes in hand I took off to the spa/gym. The showers were appalling with mold, mildew and who knows what staining the showers and changing room. The work out facility was adequate at best.

The hotel is showing some signs of wear- and the meeting rooms bland at best. In order to get to the deck on the river one must detour through the bar. Not sure why.

Room- modern EU that is starting to wear. If you MUST meet in Athlone this certainly beats the Sheraton...otherwise I would not bother.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have just returned from a wonderful two night stay in this lovely, family friendly hotel in the centre of Athlone town. Having read all the bad reviews on here i was very apprehensive about the hotel, but i honestly cannot understand why it gets so many bad reviews. 18 of us stayed for my mother in laws birthday, 9 adults and 7 kids. Our rooms were spotless as were all other areas of the hotel, including the immaculate pool area. The staff were extremley friendly, especially Marianne the Manager and Joanne, waitress in Elements Restaurant. Breakfast was simply wonderful with huge choice and variety and very tasty too. Our evening meal in the restaurant was delicious, but lacked a little choice, especially for children (mine won't eat nuggets or fish fingers). The one downside i noted was that the bar food menu was very limited and really needs updating, also service was slower for bar food. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and will definately be going back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank missussmyth
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I stayed 1 night with my husband in Room #215

At 109 Euro- this was the most expensive hotel during our stay in Ireland - and what a shocker!

The hotel is in a very nice location. Our room had a nice water view. And we had secure parking. That is the end of the positives.

Quite a wait to check in - reception staff appeared flustered and under manned. The room was dirty - not just a little knocked around by suitcases - but really dirty. It looks as though hand marks on walls, doors etc are never wiped away. There was blood splatters in the bathroom - on the wall and floor below the hand towel rail. The shower recess was a ridiculous design and the bathroom floor was flooded each time we showered

It took almost 1 hour to get the internet working in our room. Wireless just did not wok at all - and the first cable supplied was faulty. After 2 calls to their offsite support it finally worked.

The bed was horrid - the pillows old and flat. I have stayed in better 3 star hotels in under developed countries Bed linen and towels were old and threadbare.

Breakfast was not good.

At check out, I told them (nicely) what I thought of our room and their hotel - to their credit they reduced their tariff by 20EURO and were very apologetic.

Radisson SAS Athlone have serious housekeeping issues which must be addressed - or drop the rate to what is appropriate for such a low standard hotel. They have unfortunately 'lost the plot'.

Goes without I would never stay here again - and would be very warey of other Radisson SAS hotels

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Went to the Radisson for lunch and it was truly terrible. They are obviously in full cost cutting mode. The fish and chips were terrible stringy tasteless chips, overcooked "Donegal Catch" (that's processed stuff if you're not familar) and 2 day old Coleslaw (you can tell by the shrivelled up carrot). To finish it off I found a piece of plastic in the fish (which was also served 40 minutes late).

My partner got a caeser salad which was undressed.

The dining room is not clean or well maintained, you find scraps of food on the carpet around your table.

I am a local and had some very nice lunches over the last few years but now it is clear that they are looking to cut costs at every opportunity - in a bad way. Trying to charge someone 12.50 for this is not the way to protect a business. Show some imagination.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Stayed here for a weekend break with family. Wasn't expecting much but it is a really lovely hotel. I've stayed in the Radisson in Galway which is very dated but this is lovely, propbably due to the fact it's relatively new. We had dinner in the hotel the first evening, they had a special early bird menu. Again, I wasn't expecting much but it was lovely and very reasonably priced. They have a lovely bar area with plenty of seating.
Great location if you fancy a bit of shopping. The Athlone Town Centre is walking distance as is the Golden Islan shopping centre.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family