“christmas break”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Dublin, Ireland
“christmas break”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

stayed for 3 nights at christmas 2013. hotel was lovely, clean and staff were so freindly and welcoming. christmas dinner was perfect relaxed athmosphere. 1st time spending christmas in a hotel in ireland and would recomend it to anyone. so good we have all booked in for this year already.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hi xserena88x,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a relaxing Christmas break in our hotel. I will also pass on your compliments to our head chef as he will be delighted to hear that you had a pleasant meal during your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have booked in again this year and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Sinead Marron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

stayed here for a one night stay,location excellent just a short walk into town, rooms nice and clean and staff at check in friendly, plenty of parking.
The only thing can complain about lack of eating facilities (we stayed on a Sunday night main restaurant closed) there was a bar but very limited seating it was a bit chilly to sit outside.
Also breakfast was good plenty of choice the only thing that let it down was you had to get your toast from a toaster machine (3 star standard) as this is a four star hotel I think that the toast should be bought out to you as it is in most 4 star hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hi 70beckyboo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our friendly staff and parking facilities. I am disappointed that our restaurant was closed on Sunday night and hope you will get the chance to experience it in the near future.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as we get a lot of positive feedback on its quality and variety. I will certainly pass on your feedback to our restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Tredegar
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from 7th June for three nights. When unpacking in our room we discovered that the safe was not working - to give credit an engineer arrived promptly - but was unable to solve the problem. We were offered use of the main safe - but just for iPhones and Tablets - this wasn't he best course. When we left after 3 nights the safe hadn't been replaced.

When we arrived back at the hotel the following day after a little site seeing we discovered that our keys were non operational. When checking with reception we discovered that we had apparently checked out - despite the system saying we were there for three nights. The same thing
happened on the following day - once can be viewed as a mistake - twice is downright sloppy - not what I would expect from a 4 Star hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeanTredegar
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi SeanTredegar,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that our Engineering Team arrived quickly to resolve the issue with your safe, but I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion it wasn’t able to be fixed.

I am very disappointed that on both occasions our system had checked you out. This is something I will certainly bring to the attention of our Reservations manager and ensure that this is investigated in to.

We hope that you consider returning to us in the near future for a more enjoyable experience.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Because I booked quite late the only room available was a Junior Suite at a total cost of €129 including Breakfast & VAT

The room itself was enormous with Super King size bed; the en suite bathroom was tiny with a shore over bath which I wouldn't have expected in a 4 Star establishment.

There were plentiful amenities in both the bathroom & in the tea / coffee making area.

I was astonished to find that the net curtains were quite badly torn; the bed sheet had a large threadbare patch due no doubt to wear & tear; & the bed didn't have a bed skirt / night frill which left the mattress base & bed legs totally exposed - not pretty & far below what I would have expected in a suite in a 4 star hotel.......

The staff were mostly friendly; the TV had a good choice of stations & the entire hotel has free WiFi

Breakfast was good with plenty of choice of freshly prepared hot food as well as a fruit/ juice/ yogurt/ bread buffet.

Sadly the food served on the outside deck area was indifferent & disappointing - it was also very expensive.

All in all I was quite disappointed with my experience at this hotel. It's in such a prime location & has so much potential......management take note please......

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Marguerite W,

Thank you for providing us with detailed feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate feedback such as yours as it helps to guide us as we strive to make each and every guests experience with us enjoyable. I will pass on your feedback to our Accommodation manager and ensure that all your comments are looked in to. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed the TV channels available and the free Wifi.

In relation to your feedback on our food, I am happy that you enjoyed your breakfast. I will bring your feedback about the food served on the deck to our Head Chef.

We will certainly take all your comments in to consideration, and we do hope that you consider returning to us in the near future.

pittsburgh
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Solid hotel up to American Standards. I had a little issue with the TV being so small. However, all else was very good. Great location. The workout facilities were facing the River Shannon. Just great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi schwerhaiv,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and that you enjoyed our Synergy Health & Leisure Club facilities.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here last weekend with my boyfriend on the 7th June & it was very busy due to Kickboxing tournament but it was still a very efficient process at reception & all of the staff were very friendly but only fault was that they did not mention on check in when the breakfast times were.
The room was so spacious & very well decorated with a lovely modern twist. I really enjoyed the breakfast the next morning as there was a great variety of foods & have to say best breakfast I have had in any hotel I've stayed in.
Overall, I am really looking forward to returning to this hotel again in future :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi Lorraine225,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you were made feel welcome when you arrived in our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you liked the décor in your bedroom and that you enjoyed breakfast. I will pass on your compliments to our Head Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

sligo
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here It's a very good hotel,and offers wonderful views the river Shannon We had bar food which was extremely nice. Breakfast the following morning was very fantastic, lots of choice and hot food was very fresh. Would return here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hi pdynan72,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food you ate in our Quayside Bar. I will pass your compliments about breakfast to our Head Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.