“Relaxing few days”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Dublin, Ireland
“Relaxing few days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in the middle of February. We found the staff to be very helpful (especially Claudine). The food in the bar and restaurant were great and very portion sizes were perfect for those with a healthy appetite. The room although comfortable could definitely do with a makeover as there were a few stains on the carpet and tears in the curtains but hte bed was clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hi 4alive,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay in our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our staff were helpful to you. I will pass your positive comments to Claudine. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your meals both in the Quayside Bar and Elements Bistro. I am happy that you felt comfortable in the room you stayed and I will pass your comments regarding the curtains and carpet to our accommodation manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Sinead Marron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed 1 night recently prior to wedding. Lovely meal in restaurant. Lovely river view from bedroom. Staff helpfully recommended hair and makeup nearby. Very helpful on telephone in advance. Will return

Room Tip: Request a river view room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi M F ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted to hear so many positive comments about your stay. It is great to see you enjoyed your meal in our Element Bistro. I am happy to hear that our staff were helpful when you were looking for information. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the view of the River Shannon from your bedroom.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I could not enter the street that the hotel is on the road was blocked. the sat nav was no good but I met two of the local police the garda who showed me the way by the back roads. a big thank you.the hotel had plenty of free parking and booking in was easy. the bar and breakfast were great, I did not eat at the hotel for dinner. the room was large and well appointed. my only problem was the key card which needed to be re programmed 6 times during my one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi brianwNorthants,

Thank you for providing us with a review of your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were unable to access the front entrance of our Hotel from Northgate Street due to recent works being carried out by the local council. In relation to the key card for your room I will bring this to the attention of our Front Office manager to ensure this does not happen again.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with our car parking facilities. I am also happy to hear that you had a great time in our bar.

I do hope that when you came back to us next time you will find some time to enjoy dinner in our Element’s Bistro.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. This is our second time and not our last. We were put in a business class room which was really nice and we had a fabulous view overlooking the Shannon. It was clean and comfortable. The staff are really nice.

Room Tip: We had room 409 overlooking the Shannon. It was quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Ashling G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that this is your second stay with us and that the staff were helpful. I will be sure to let them know that they helped make your stay an enjoyable one. It is great to hear that you were impressed with your room and the view of the River Shannon; it is something which our guests always enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Probably not the most spiffy of Radisson Blu's that I have stayed at. The room was a bit shabby and the night light broken and the doors to the cabinet that kept the glasses was broken too. However it's location is excellent for walking about Athlone and it's riverside access convenient. The bar staff were friendly and helpful with our large group.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi Marie O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that the night light was broken in your room and the cabinet was broken. I will pass on this information to our Maintenance team to ensure that these are fixed.

I am delighted to hear that you found our location ideal. Our central location is something that is enjoyed by everyone and is perfect for those who are organising conferences or looking to explore what Athlone town has to offer. I am also very happy to hear that our bar staff were helpful in the bar.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sinead Marrron
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Five of us met for breakfast last week and we were let down by the service and the food. The self service breakfast bar had maybe two rashers left, one fried egg that was there for ages, and some deep fried potatoes with onions which were nice but lacked freshness.
I enjoyed the scrambled eggs, and the selection of breads. The table did not have any milk so a colleague walked the length of the restaurant looking for a jug of milk. No help from staff!
No napkins provided so we went walk about again.
It would not be on my list for a breakfast meeting, as even the most basic restaurant can beat that for food & service

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sinead_Marron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hi Alan S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent experience of breakfast here in the hotel. I am very disappointed to read your review of our breakfast. Our buffet breakfast is something which guests regularly point out as something they really enjoyed – offering something for everyone, from continental options to hot food. Therefore, I will speak with both the Restaurant manager and our Head Chef to see how someone could have had an experience like this. I will make sure that the amount of food available to all our guests throughout our breakfast service is the same so every guest enjoys the same choices. I will also speak with our Restaurant manager in relation to the unhelpfulness of staff as usually our customer service is something we consistently receive praise for.

We do hope that you will consider returning to us in the near future to receive a better experience.

Kindest Regards,
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We won a meal for 2 in a raffle for this hotels restaurant so decided to travel down from Dublin and stay overnight as well it also coincided with our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed it was a most enjoyable 24 hours.
We asked for a room overlooking the shannon , we were told ok but it wouldnt be ready for a while so we waited in the bar and had a very nice light lunch.
The staff in this hotel were first class, polite, friendly and very efficient. We would certainly return and would definitely recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Shannon has stunning views even on a cold wet spring day
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear retireddublin98,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you found the opportunity to stay here with us and especially to celebrate your wedding anniversary. I will certainly pass on your kind feedback to all our dedicated staff so they know they were a part of making your anniversary so enjoyable. I am happy to hear that reception was able to facilitate your request for a room with a view of the River Shannon. We are always happy to help our customers and accommodate their requests whenever we can.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kindest Regards,