“Beautiful Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I went to meet our best friends who were home from England here and it was the best decision that was made. The hotel was lovely and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had food in the bar which was beautiful and really tasty and the views of the Shannon were amazing. From the minute we sat down at our table we had table service, we did not have to leave our seats for anything which was brilliant. When we were leaving 6 hours later we were taking photos of each other and a member of staff kindly said she would take a photo of all of us together which we really appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would go there again too.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

On arrival the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Got to the room and it was very impressive. Very spacious, big comfortable bed, lovely clean bathroom. Hotel is located very centrally and everything is close by. Had some drinks in the bar with fantastic views over the Shannon. When departing the staff were also very friendly. Definitely recommend and would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently stayed in the Radisson Blu in Athlone in a family room. On this occasion I was on a girls weekend away with cousins and aunties. The rooms were excellent. Each room had a double bed and 2 single beds but best of all there were two televisions in each room. The room is split in two with a wall which has a TV mounted on either side. There is only one door into the room and you can walk between the two sections. I will definitely be booking one of these family rooms in the future for a weekend with my husband and children. I really feel these are the best family rooms I have seen. As our kids are still young 6, 4, and 2 we need to be in the same room but this has the added benefit of 2 tv's and some priva

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in January as I was attending a hen!

I am a very sensitive coeliac and rang a few days in advance to give them some notice! They advised that it was no problem that they were very used to catering for coeliacs and just to make myself known!

I came down for breakfast that morning and let the manager know I was a coeliac, to my delight a minute later the chef came out with a beaming smile only to advise that she was in fact a coeliac herself!! You can only imagine my relief!

She assured me she would cook all separately and had a seperate grill for gluten free bread!

Yummy big breakfast of rashers and scrambled eggs and two lovely gluten free buns!

The staff on reception were lovely and friendly! The room was lovely and looking over the Shannon.

Very impressed and would recommend to all especially any coeliac travellers!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Myself & my husband stayed here for one night. Check in was fine and staff were friendly. Very busy as it was a Saturday with hen parties etc. which added a bit of a buzz. Room was lovely, spacious, clean with a large comfortable bed. The only complaint about it was the heating wasn't on when we arrived which made the room quite chilly. It didn't really bother us as we weren't planning to spend much time in the room. The bathroom ceiling had a section over the toilet with chipped paint which could do with a fresh coat. Had a drink included with our offer which we had to ask the barman twice for. Ate in the hotel restaurant which was superb. Many gluten free options which suited myself including bread which a lot of hotels don't have in this day & age. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful also. Had breakfast in bed included in our offer also which was excellent. Overall very central hotel, very friendly staff and ideal location to the city centre. Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel could possibly be noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

we were two women away for a two night break and stayed here.
had a great time we found all the staff very nice and friendly which makes a good hotel.
Had a lovely meal in the restaurand the 1st night few drinks in the bar ,
It was very quiet but the staff were very friendly. enjoyed a swim in there very nice pool which also has a steem room and sauna,location to the town was great . would stay here again and recommend it to my friends . the only negitave thing i have to say is i found 26 euro for a bottle of wine is a bit dear,

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Arrived to find our room freezing, after a number of calls to reception I was told that the heat wouldn't be on again until 5.30. A staff member brought a portable heater to the room which was totally inadequate for the size of our room.

In this day age for a hotel to have the heat off in their rooms in January is ridiculous and harks back to the olden days of stingy accommodation that used to be the norm

• Stayed: January 2013