“Great for kids”

Murphy's Law
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Murphy's Law is a family run traditional Irish Bar with live music & a large open-air beer garden. We serve food 7 days a week from 10am & cater for parties. We also specialise in food challenges. Above Murphy's Law, we have a Bed & Breakfast with all rooms en suite & offer very competitive rates. Murphy's Law is situated right in the heart of Athlone with most amenities on your door step.
Roscommon, Ireland
“Great for kids”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This place is simply amazing. Myself my partner and kids came here the other day. The staff are lovely and very knowledgeable of the menu. What I loved most about this place was their flexibility, My kids are fussy and don't' like the kids menu such as nuggets and chips and normally bringing them out to eat can be very costly, but in ML kids can avail of half portions of adult dinners for only 5 euro, this saved us a fortune.Then there is the food - it is some of the best food I have ever had. I went with the Chicken & bacon fettuccine and I was quite blown away, Good size portion,I am a big fella, I like my food. I also had the opportunity to sample the dish of my partner for the evening and can also say the Indian chicken balti was also delicious.The pub is comfortable,and warm. And, particularly after coming in from a cold afternoon, it was almost like stepping into a mini holiday. If I could make just one recommendation it would be that they get rid of the round tables and replace them with square, only because you could fit more people at them and this place seems very popular with many people coming and going so it might help you increase your flow. We will definitely be back here soon!

2 Thank Markei6jk

“Forget the rest, this place is the BEST”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I never normally write reviews but this place is well worth recommending, I have not found a better place to eat than Murphys law, the food is out of this world, the staff are friendly and super efficient, the menu is extensive and very well priced, with BIG portions which is a must,Nothing worse than going out to eat and coming home hungry. I cannot say enough good things about this place. My absolute favorite place to eat in Athlone. I seriously cannot wait to visit again.

1 Thank lancomegirl01
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much more than pub grub!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife and kids to Murphys law for dinner for mothers day, we were served very quickly and the food was Delicious , there is such a great selection of food for all tastes, I really like the fact that the kids could have healthy food ,all the plates were cleared and you leave feeling full..staff were all very helpful and friendly. There was a great atmosphere in Murphys.. there is nice smoking area out the back too.. I would highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Paul H
Killarney, Ireland
“This place is a must visit!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate here on st patricks day.. the place was packed and yet we were seated and served immediately, there were 9 of us, 3 adults and 6 kids.. the menu choice was excellent with child size portions of the adult meals at only 5e.. my kids ordered bacon and cabbage and it was delicious, there Was a mix up with the colcannon and the management came and addressed it immediately even though the place was busy.the staff were super friendly and great with kids. We will definately be back, the food is tasty and such good value.. highly recommend.

ireland
“great place”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

lovely food and great staff, a hidden gem, will be back!Not overpriced either which is very important in this day and age.

Visited March 2014