“Good food but disappointed with service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law
Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Murphy's Law is a family run traditional Irish Bar with live music & a large open-air beer garden. We serve food 7 days a week from 10am & cater for parties. We also specialise in food challenges. Above Murphy's Law, we have a Bed & Breakfast with all rooms en suite & offer very competitive rates. Murphy's Law is situated right in the heart of Athlone with most amenities on your door step.
Dublin
“Good food but disappointed with service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

4 of us called in here last Saturday for lunch. Place was fairly full when we arrived but we did manage to get a table straight away. Someone came over to serve us almost straight away which was good, 1 person in the group was trying the 'murphys challenge' and 2 were getting toasted sandwiches and then i was having the finger basket, we were asked if we wanted any drinks, which we ordered and then waited for our food , we figured it would take a while, seeing one of us was doing the challenge so that was fine. Thought our drinks would have been brought over straight away but this didnt happen. The 2 toasted sandwiches came out first, followed a few mins later by the challenge, by this time i still hadnt got my finger basket and had to ask about it, we still hadnt got out drinks so had to ask again for them to be brought over. I then had to ask again about my food , which still hadnt come out, by the time my food did come , the 2 people having toasted sandwiches had finished their food. I understand they were busy that day, but any place ive eaten before the dont bring out the food until everyones is ready, and drinks are usually brought over before the food comes out. Was disapointed with the service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank EmerbFox
Murphys Law A, Owner at Murphy's Law, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi. I would like to apologise for the service you received on your visit. I have reviewed the day in question & it was a very busy day that day but you still should have received a good experience. I can assure you that the procedures has been revisited & a system put in place to avoid this happening again. I hope this doesn't stop you from trying us once more & if you do, please let me know as so I can compensate you in some way. Yours sincerely, P.J.

Ballinasloe, Ireland
“Lovely food was let down by the side salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We a family of five (2 adults three kids) had our lunch in their beer garden today, soaking up the lovely autumn sun. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we didn't have to wait for a long time to be served which was great considering we had three hungry kids to feed. The kids had lovely kid menus, two chose the mini pizza and chips which was lovely and fresh and very tasty, our youngest had chicken tenders and chips that were also very fresh. The adults had chicken goujons and chips and battered squid and chips, both served with two dips and a side salad. The chips were lovely and fresh and tasted great. The squid was also nicely seasoned and well cooked. I was really happy with our order until I tried the side salad and found it tasted pretty earthy. On closer examination I discovered the salad leaves mustn't have been rinses properly as there was plenty of soil on the salad leaves which was probably just a case of bad luck.

All in all the food was OK and very reasonably priced, there is a great atmosphere in the pub and we will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clare O
Murphys Law A, Owner at Murphy's Law, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi & thank you for posting your review. I sincerely apologise for what happened with your meal. This should never of happened & I can only promise that it will never happen again! It is regrettable that I wasn't made aware of it on the day as so I could address it, apologise & compensate you & your party for this terrible error. If you do give us another chance, could you please let me know as so I can speak to you in person to apologise & compensate you in some way. Yours sincerely, P.J. Kelly
“Love this place x”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a friendly warm pub, staff are lovely, friendly and always smiling, food us amazing too, would definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Charlene K
Athlone, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Place.....but a bit let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got a steak sandwich and just wasn't up to par....meat was very chewy and it was on burger bun and not ciabatta like it said

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Paul D
Murphys Law A, Owner at Murphy's Law, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hi Paul. Firstly, I would like to thank you for visiting us at Murphy's Law. I regret & apologise for your disappointment in your visit & hope it doesn't stop you from calling to us again. Your comment has been acknowledged & has been passed to the chef. I am disappointed to hear about the meat as all our meat is sourced locally from one single supplier who is very good to us but, point taken. With regard the burger bun. We did initially serve it on ciabatta but on request from our customers, we have recently changed to a large floured breakfast bap instead. You would have been given this out of habit & have highlighted that we should in future give the option of either. Again, thank you for your comment, as without it we would never know what type of experience you, the customer is receiving. If you do call again, please if you could, let me know as so I can apologise in person.

P.J. Kelly.
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had an older lady for a server; she was gritty and great.
The food was very affordable and was pretty good.
We had a nice time