“Corner House Bistro, Athlone”

Corner House Bistro
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Daytime fine dining with traditional table service.Reservations available.
Westmeath
“Corner House Bistro, Athlone”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place restored my faith in the hospitality section in Ireland, a small but buzzing busy busy place. Lovely selection of foods and not bad prices. The service was brilliant the girl that served us was friendly, helpful and super efficient, explaining ingredients in meals and recommending items from the varied menu, the chunky chips are to die for. When someone left their table it was cleared immediately and cleaned and reset. Cannot recommend this enough - get on down there.
The best cappachino ive had in years. Thank you.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Carol M

ireland
“Great food and service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have frequented this bistro on occasion with my husband for late lunch and also en famille for coffee and also lunch. We all love the varied menu which offers high quality food. We have always been made to feel very welcome and well looked after. When leaving we always look forward to going back there.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Liz K
“Nice little place”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband decided to try this restaurant and found that the service was excellent, our waitress was Sinead, she couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, food was nice.

3 Thank Edel C
West Yorkshire
“Great lunch, good job!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stumbled upon this cafe when taking a 60 minute break from a long road trip. Great welcome, good service and an excellent meal of tempura fish, fries and pea pure (fish and chips to you and me).

Definitely worth the detour, good luck to the owners who seem to be trying to produce something a bit above the average here.

2 Thank Petertheclaret
Ennis, Clare, Ireland
“Lovely lovely lovely.....”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went to Athlone for the weekend with hubby and 3yr old. The Corner House was recommended to me so off we all went. I'm fussy and I ate there everyday. What more can I say it was yummy....nice variety on the menu. They even have couches and a kiddies area,to keep kids entertained. Lovely kids options. The owner is a great host very nice staff. I sat, relaxed and ate there until I could eat no more and then we all left happy. I will go back there.

2 Thank Blasta_Bakes