“Corner House Bistro, Athlone”

Corner House Bistro
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish, European, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Daytime fine dining with traditional table service.Reservations available.
New Zealand
“Corner House Bistro, Athlone”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Corner House Bistro. We enjoyed very good service, excellent food...really good value for money

1 Thank Karen M

Athlone, Westmeath, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and filling food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been to the corner house bistro a few times with friends or my boyfriend. food and service is excellent, they have the best size of a portion that leaves you filled and not hungry for hours which you don't get everywhere. One of the best places i have ever eaten in.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Deirdre R
Dublin, Ireland
“Fab food, great service & best coffee around!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and i regularly frequent the Corner House Bistro when we are in Athlone visiting family. It is such a lovely place - really cosy and comfortable and when we bring our 3 young children it's always great to get the lovely comfy sofas and the kids play in the chidren's corner.

We are very fussy about our coffee and the cappuccinos in this cafe/restaurant are 2nd to none. The service is great and the staff are always very welcoming to us even with our 3 children. We absolutely love their cakes, pastries and biscuits - absolutely delicious!

Definitely would recommend.

1 Thank pippy03
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I popped in to this Bistro today without too much thought as to where I was going other than I needed a quick bite of lunch

However on perusal of the menu, there seemed to be some very tasty and unusual offerings. I ordered the Ploughman's platter which was HUGE....it consisted of a few slices of home cooked ham with a mustard glaze, a ham terrine, a small dish of what I think was warm pulled pork, fabulous apple chutney, very generous helpings of Brie and a hard Cheddar type cheese as well as a few slices of mouth watering Treacle Bread and Sesame Bread (made in the restaurant)......I told you it was huge! It was also very tasty.

When I was paying they had samples of the singularly most delicious chocolate brownie with raspberries. I took two pieces as the first bite was just so beautiful and notwithstanding the cashiers insistence that I should take another piece. I just couldn't eat any more.

It was a very substantial lunch with attentive service and represented good value for money. I can't recall exactly what I paid but it was €8-€9. I didn't eat for the rest of the day!!! I look forward to a less rushed visit the next time I go.

1 Thank MCEF
Dublin, Ireland
“This place is a little gem, dont miss it”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

When saying in Athlone we found this place on our last day,
We were served by the owner, he was a really nice guy and so friendly, food was top class and it just had a lovely relaxed feel yet gave us everthing we needed.
Make sure to visit , theres nowhere as good in Athlone as this place and we couldnt get over the price was so good for the quality of what we had.

Visited June 2013