“Lovely relaxing stay at wineport”
Review of Wineport Lodge

Wineport Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed for one night at the wineport last week and really enjoyed our stay. The location is beautiful and perfect for a romantic night away. We stayed in a suite that was out of this world, really the nicest room I stayed in in Ireland. We had treatments in the spa and unfortunately I couldnt have mine, the staff couldnt have been nicer to me and really very accomadating. I wish I got the therapist's name but she was so lovely and deserves a special mention (her hair is black and in a bob!). Dinner was beautiful and well served, the manager came and spoke to each couple and I thought it was a lovely touch, made us all feel so special. The bar is small but perfect for a night cap and cuddle by the fire. Breakfast in bed (comp) completed this perfect stay. I will definitely be returning and recommending to friends. Thanks for a lovely stay.

1  Thank ciararo
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Ciararo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I will pass your compliments on to Trish (in the Treatment Suite)

I appreciate you recommending us.

Best Regards, Norma

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Amazing! Attention to detail is spectacular. Cookies on arrival in the room to celebrate a birthday, fresh jug of milk in the fridge, glossy magazines on the coffee table, most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Stayed with my husband for one night in oct 12. Wished we could have stayed longer. Food was amazing and service was top class. Will return.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear TLRL14,

Thank you for taking the time to post your highly complimentary review.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed all the little touches.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Wineport.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault this place. So beautiful and romantic. Staff are warm and friendly. One of the best meals of our lives. I'm not a big steak fan but honestly best I've ever had, Melt in mouth. Room was cosy. Breakfast was very tasty. Will be back for sure.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DavidOHanlon79,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I will pass on your compliments to the Kitchen.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I spend last weekend at the Wineport Lodge. A gentle drive from Dublin a little over 1 hour, the Wineport lodge is situated on the edge of a lake near Athlone. We enjoyed brilliant food and service through out out stay. Our room was very, very comfortable and the en-suite spotlessly clean.

All the staff at the Wineport where very welcoming and friendly and nothing was too much. The restaurant was full of atmosphere and the food fantastic.

I can't wait for the opportunity to return to the Wineport again, which I hope is soon.

Mark

Dear Mark,

I am delighted to read that so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review & look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a wee hidden gem. My partner and I stayed here mid week for a relaxing break. I booked the hotel a good month in advance. I had emailed back and forth about certain requests and all were met very graciously. On arrival we were shown to our room by the girl who checked us in. We entered the room and found a note from Norma, the general manager, stating she had taken the opportunity to upgrade us to a suite. The room was beautiful with a balcony and a view to die for. As organised, there was a bottle of champagne on ice and glasses in the fridge cooling. The water in the room was complimentary and it was also explained that we could order breakfast to the room free of charge. We thought this was an unusual but very nice touch and we made the most of it. There are 2 hot tubs outside which sit in a perfect position in front of the lake, so the view from them were amazing. We could have spent hours in there. The relaxation room beside the hot tubs was also a great idea. There were 2 reclined beds, tea and coffee making facilities and water, all complimentary. We chilled out mostly in the lounge area during the day, playing scrabble and having a few drinks. Wherever you choose to sit, whether it be by the wood burning stove in the lounge, or the wood burning stove in the sun room extension, you will feel relaxed and have that second to none view of the lake. The staff were very attentive and make you feel very comfortable. We also had dinner one of the nights in the restaurant. Again, an extremely nice setting with a view of the lake and the food delicious...... perhaps a little pricey but the choice for all courses, the presentation and the taste very impressive. We will most definitely return to this ideallic setting on the lake and spend more time here. I would highly recommend this hotel for a quiet, romantic, relaxing and very chilled break away from it all. It will be particularly blissful in the summer.

Room Tip: Ask for good lake view room or upgrade to the suite.....well worth it!!
1  Thank caprindev

Dear caprindev,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review.

I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay & look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was lucky enough to get to spend a night here with my husband for my 30th Birthday. It's somewhere that I had always wanted to stay in and I was definitely not disappointed. We arrived to check in and were promptly shown to our room by a very friendly lady. We had booked a suite but were upgraded to the Captains Suite which was a huge surprise! It's a split level suite with 2 bathrooms, dressing room & separate seating area. It has a lovely balcony and superb views. We got complimentary homemade cookies in the room which were delicious.

Before dinner, we had a relaxing drink in the bar where we were given the menus and made our dinner selections. We were shown to our table shortly after and our starters arrived then. One thing I loved is that the waiters never had to ask who ordered which dish, they just knew. Everything is very professional and friendly. Food was of a very high standard and presented perfectly. Portions are very big, which for us is never a bad thing! Nothing worse than getting a tiny portion and leaving hungry. It's no surprise that Wineport get many awards of excellence.

The room was perfect and peaceful, ensuring a good night's sleep. It was lovely to wake up in such a large suite with spectacular views. Breakfast was also delicious with a huge selection of everything. I had tea which was actual tea leaves, rather than the usual teabag.

All in all we had a wonderful night which ended all too fast. We hope to be lucky enough to visit Wineport again this summer for our Wedding Anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lovely270,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We look froward to seeing you again this Summer.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We arrived on a chilly wet evening to Wineport Lodge and were warmly welcomed by a young lady who showed us to our room .What a room! It was large, warm and beautifully decorated with dressing room and large bathroom ensuite. We had a wonderful view of the lake and two large swans sailed past the window just to welcome us.
We had pre dinner drinks in a nice relaxed room and then ordered our dinner. The food was delicious and well presented and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
Lovely breakfast next morning and headed home.
I love this place and can't wait to go back and try out the hot tub and treatment room. Thank you for a lovely night.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Norma W, General Manager at Wineport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Miriam L,

Many thanks for your recent review of Wineport Lodge.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with your room and found your stay very relaxing.

Hopefully we will welcome you back for another stay in the near future.

Warm Regards,