“Quality food & excellent service”

Glasson Village Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cavan
“Quality food & excellent service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Village Restaurant lived up to its billing regarding food, service and ambience. My wife and I have wanted to eat here for some years and finally got around to booking a table on friday 27th Sept. last. We stayed in the beautiful Stone Lodge B&B and had a drink in Grogan's pub beforehand. Service in the Village was 5 star friendly and professional. Love a restaurant where the chef is interested enough to come to the front of house and make friendly conversation. The main waiter is worth his weight in gold!
While the food and wine menus were very good I think the bill of 110 euro leaves this restaurant just outside the financial comfort zone. We really enjoyed the meal but we have eaten in equally good restaurants for 20 euro less. Enough about the value.... we will be back nonetheless!

• Visited September 2013

DUBLIN
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited this restaurant on spec one night last week and what a pleasant surprise we got! We were staying in a local hotel and were not impressed with their dinner menu from a price and choice point of view so we decided to eat out, hence falling upon this gorgeous little restaurant close by. The food was excellent and great value ( 3 course early bird menu for 27euro and it went on until 9pm each night). We loved it so much we returned the following night and were equally pleased. The owner/chef comes out of the kitchen towards the end of the night and visits each table to find out how people are enjoying their food which is a nice touch. All in all this restaurant is to be recommended for it's friendly, welcoming atmosphere and most of all for it's good food at great value prices. Well done to Michael Brooks and a special mention to Irene who looked after us so well that night (they might remember my mum was in a wheelchair!). Good luck in the future.

Visited September 2013
Michael B, Owner at Glasson Village Restaurant, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Yes indeed I remember you & thank you for your kind remarks. I am delighted you all enjoyed both evenings with us
Thank you for review,feed back is very important to us
Ballyhaunis, Ireland
“Still as good as ever !!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant has always been a great favourite of mine but as its some distance away I have not been there for some time. I ate there with three friends last Friday and it was as good as ever !! I had the fish dish and it was beautiful but I can't wait to return to have the Duck (cooked two ways) two of my friends ordered it and it was fantastic !! Well done to all. Keep up the good work.

• Visited September 2013
Bog Ireland
“One of the best”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been going here for the past 15 years & can honestly say we've never had a poor meal.
Reliable, courteous staff, reasonable prices, pleasant location, clean and always a good if not exotic selection on the menu. For us the best in the midlands and better than many of the more fashionable or publicised in Dublin or other major centres.

• Visited August 2013
Athlone, Ireland
“Absolutely Gorgeous!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went here for Sunday lunch last weekend and myself and my partner were really impressed. The Sunday lunch menu offers 3 courses with coffee/tea for €25 which is fantastic value given the quality of the food - fresh and exceptionally tasty! The menu is varied and plentiful, food is fresh and good presentation. I had the chicken thai cakes for starters, I cannot express enough how tasty it was! We had the chicken and pork dishes for main that were also very tasty served with fresh cauliflower and carrot & parsnips. We decided to share a desert of bailey's ice-cream with strawberries as we were so full.
In all, great food, service and value and reasonably priced wine :) Looking forward to a return visit with friends very soon!

• Visited August 2013