“What a meal!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grogan's of Glasson Pub & Restaurant

Grogan's of Glasson Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“What a meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We went to Grogan's with an American friend who is herself a Restaurant Manager in the Boston area and boy was she impressed, the food, the service, the atmosphere - superb, top marks. We could find nothing wrong - it is a great place to bring visitors, not only do they get a great welcome but they leave fully satisfied, having fed like Kings, in a really traditional Irish Pub Restaurant.. Well done Kevin & Co.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 173Frances

Athlone, Ireland
“Pub Food and Carisma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Have dined in this pub on many occasions and found both the food and service excellent. Food was tops on each visit and the staff were more than helpful. This pub is approx. 6 miles out from Athlone so be careful with driving if you are resident in the town.
A good pub to get the character of an Irish pub, very good atmosphere and friendly service

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brendan M
“Lovely meal, but very little space.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Myself, my partner and our 11 month old stopped here today to grab a bite to eat. It seemed busy but we were shown to a table in a tiny corner of the pub.
I ordered the pork and dime bar cheese cake and my partner ordered the lamb and rice pudding both from the saver menu, two courses €19.00. Both courses were superb.
The staff were very obliging and very friendly.
The only negative was the very small amount of space we had. A couple came and sat beside us and it felt like we were having an intimate dinner with them. I was so aware that my little boy was right at their table. Thankfully they were very nice and seemed to enjoy my baby's company.
All in all it was a great meal, we plan to return at a quieter time to sample more from the menus.

WESTMEATH IRELAND
“Top Class at very reasonable prices!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have dined at all of the restaurants in Glasson at this stage and for me Grogans are well ahead of the many much more expensive ones in this area. The service is always great and the food is to die for. Everything is homemade and rustic. The quality and variety of food on the menu is far superior to the more expensive ones in the area. Today I had the Sunday value menu. I had Garlic Mushrooms to start which were freshly made with a lovely side salad and an in house made dressing. For the main course I had the shoulder of lamb which was melt in your mouth it was so tender it came with a lovely red wine jus on a bed of potato rosti and plenty of side orders. For desert I had the rice pudding with merrague pieces and a dollop of homemade jam. Tea or coffee included for 24 euro this wont be beaten. I brought my mother along and she is a serial complainer when it comes to dining out and she had not one bad word to say she was highly impressed and very full leaving. Compliments to the chef. This restaurant deserves an award!!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Food here is heavenly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had no reservation on Saturday evening, so had to wait for a table, but it was definately worth it and the wait was actually shorter than expected. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is great here too. And the food is just heavenly; my husband said he had one of the best steaks ever, followed by a slice of cheese cake which was the day's special and delicious. I had the veggie parcel, which is a good choice for any vegetarian, very tasty and good portion. Well recommended!!