“Warm and cosy Saturday evening”

Grogan's of Glasson Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It is a cold and wet Saturday night and I have just returned from Grogan's having eaten there with my sister-in-law. Glasson is beautiful anyway and the whole experience was positive from the time I rang and booked the table to the welcome we received on entering the pub - not forgetting the quality of the food of course! The tempura prawns were out of this world, as was the chicken. Although not particularly gone on ice cream, I decided to this to finish the meal with this as brown bread ice cream was on offer and I hadn't had this for some time. The double espresso was to die for!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visit Ireland with my husband every year (he is from Co. Longford). Each day we are given a generous portion of spuds - but given the choice.... We went to Grograns one evening and I fell in love. It is a quaint place with lovely 2 person tables next to a fireplace. The food was outstanding. My husband ordered meat and potatoes and was in heaven - I on the other hand ordered fish goujan (sp?) with a fantastic dipping sauce as a starter, and for my main course I ordered a spinach, goat cheese and sun dried tomato purse (phyllo dough). It was GORGEOUS! I also had rice pudding for dessert. Will I go back??? ABSOLUTELY!

Also - the staff were very attentive and helpful.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

6 of us went to Grogan's on Saturday night with friends from Armagh and everyone of us had a really enjoyable meal. the guys from Armagh loved the fresh sea bass and the daughter loved the ham hock - excellent service and enjoyable atmosphere. forgot just how good it was

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We were a party of six people who booked on Saturday 4th of January We all had different dishes and everyone commented on how lovely the food was also the staff were very helpful insisting that we could have more vegetables if we wanted.
We would definitely call again if we were in the area

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my boyfriend on new year's eve and had a beautiful meal. Portion sizes were very generous as were the sides. I think we got every potato side possible. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Having eaten here before and always thought it was just average pub grub, not any more, was extremely impressed overall with the food, (high quality restaurant food in a cosy pub environment), the staff and the venue and will def return again. Top marks all round.