“Taste buds popped and staff made us smile ! Great !”

Grogan's of Glasson Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked to join Grogans this time ! We had a big hello on arrival .. A drink while we browsed an extensive menu!!! So much to choose from... Wasabi Monkfish was a must !!! Started off with Brie ! My partner wouldn't share the calamari and prawns because he wanted to savour the taste ! Without a doubt a must try! Kevin our waiter made us feel so relaxed and welcome ! Brilliant evening!!!

1  Thank CavanEd

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped here on a journey to Galway. Lovely atmosphere & staff were very friendly and efficient despite the intense heat of the evening we called.

Starter: We shared a tandoori chicken which was nice.

Mains: I had the chicken wrap with salad and potato skins. It was tasty. Potato skins = wedges.

My husband had the ham hock which is HUGE. Enough for two persons. Accompanied with mash potato and side of fresh vegetables.

The food is fresh and is good

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My daughter and myself went to Grogans for a late Sunday lunch. The set menu which we chose had a good variety and excellent value 2 courses for €19 and 3 courses including tea or coffee €24. The food was fresh and fabulous with plenty of it and service very friendly and accommodating even though it was very busy. We will definitely be back

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had BLT dish. Was ok.€11.50
Very expensive for couple of slices of bacon chopped with tomato put in pitta bread
served with chips.
Watched a customer next to me walk out with the restaurants paper which he was given to read.He had just had his dinner and paid for it.
The bar man knew but was relaxed and ok about it. Manageress was really pissed off. I asked why and she said he went with the paper. Then to my astonishment she went outside after him and said did you enjoy that newspaper. Definitely a customer lost forever.
Then she said to me he was a little f****r. Bar man just laughed. Id say that he wants to keep his job.
This manageress definitely rules the roost and id be afraid to complain about anything.
Its a pity as the pub has a lovely ambiance.
I noticed that most of the bad reviews echo the same things i have said.
I'm afraid i wont be back.

9  Thank CSmythy
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. theres a lovely atmosphere the staff are lovely and the food is just gorgeous. Anytime im near i would definatly go back. its a cosy pub. With devine food. cant wait to go back.