“Mid week break”

The Prince of Wales Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed overnight on 29th Dec using special offer for Dinner, B&B, lovely break, handy location, great dinner, attentive service, good breakfast, overall very happy and super value. Whole hotel is non smoking which was a lovely plus.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Padraic W, Manager at The Prince of Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

We were delighted to see that you were very happy with your stay. We decided to go non smoking a few years ago, unfortunately not everyone totally follows the ruling but the majority do, but it is nice to see that it was noticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Prince of Wales in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night bed and breakfast. The staff are very friendly and efficient.The breakfast was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our staff, I firmly believe happy staff equates to a happy customer.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Midlands and The Prince of Wales in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip recently. I found the staff to be efficient and friendly. The breakfast was particularly nice. I returned to the hotel late after a night out and couldn't attract the attention of the night porter, the doorman on the hotel nightclub couldn't have been more helpful. An all round good experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank camillusDublin
Padraic W, Manager at The Prince of Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay.

It is only through comment cards and reviews that we can gauge our performance. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your kind comments onto our night-club security.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Had a fantastic 2 night stay at the Prince of Wales. The location is great for shopping, exploring Athlone, Shannon and also for nite life. Free parking was great for town centre.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The room was nicely decorated, comfortable and spotless as was the rest of the hotel. Loved the power shower.

Excellent breakfast with a great sleclection, well presented and piping hot food. Very enjoyable. Great that it was served till late so we could have a sleep in.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommmend this hotel.

1  Thank Dub68

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and we started repainting all of our rooms this month.

Our breakfast is served fresh from the kitchen and we feel it makes a difference so I was delighted to see that you enjoyed this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Prince of Wales in the future.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the hotel in early December.We had a really lovely time.The biggest asset that the hotel has is it's very friendly and helpful staff from the lovely welcoming reception staff to the security man at the bar door.The manager is really pleasant and runs a great hotel.The food was excellent .We had breakfast,Lunch in the bar and dinner both nights.One tiny reccomondation,better lighting in the seating area in reception,not brighter just more focused ,for reading the paper etc.The free tea and coffee was a nice touch.Athlone is lovely.We will be back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff.

I have taken note of your comment in relation to the lighting.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Prince of Wales in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed at the Prince of Wales hotel over weekend.This was my second time to stay in hotel. I had my hen weekend there back in June. I have to say I could not fault hotel and staff on both occasions. Food was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone.Myself and my husband had a brilliant weekend so a huge thank you to everyone at Prince of Wales.We wll definatley be going back again.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed at POW Hotel this weekend, rooms were basic but clean, shower door was stuck and floor got very wet. Staff promptly brought extra towels to clean floor. Hot Breakfast was ok, plates a bit dirty. Hotel Reception staff very friendly. Had porridge 2nd morning and it was fab. Had afternoon tea and it was disgusting -asked for no butter. Sandwiches came hard (left out in air for ages and also with butter - v poor. Staff at 1st said, No, made fresh and we said, just look yourself, they apologised. No noise from disco as windows are well insulated. Nice touch of tea and coffee in reception on Sunday morning for guests. Very central location and car park beside hotel - easy access.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Padraic W, Manager at The Prince of Wales Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Thank you for pointing out our shower door, it has now been rectified by our maintenance man. I was delighted to read you found our staff friendly and our porridge excellent. We have just recently introduced the tea/coffee stand and its nice that this extra touch was noticed. I was surprised and disappointed at your afternoon tea. Our afternoon teas are very popular and all sandwiches should be made fresh as we have a sandwich bar with our public bar, and our policy is to always make the sandwiches up fresh so I have spoken to our team to make sure this does not happen again.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Prince of Wales in the future.