“The best restaurant I've been in for a long time..”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hatters Bistro

Hatters Bistro
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Hatter's Lane Bistro at Strand Street on Athlone's Leinster shore. Ideally located 3 minutes from the Town Bridge, Radisson, Prince of Wales and Sheraton hotels. The Hollywood themed bistro offers a welcoming cosy atmosphere with open fire, check table clothes, walls adorned with movie star icons. The background music is easy listening typically featuring tunes from Sinatra, Martin, Bennett and the likes... Running in tandem with Gertie Brown's old world award winning pub, Hatters Lane offers the customer a unique and satisfying dining experience and hopefully will continue to serve great food well for years to come...
“The best restaurant I've been in for a long time..”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing... Staff so helpful & friendly...just the best restaurant I've been in for a long time...
We left the restaurant and went to their pub beside it & had the best night.. It's called Gertie Brownes..

Visited July 2013

Tullamore, Ireland
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had dinner here last Tuesday and could not fault the place. Food was fabulous I had the Brie and Chicken Fajhitas followed by the Cheesecake, it was delicious from start to finish. Service was great and quick. We were seated immediately and finished our three course meal in approx. 80 minutes! will definetly be back!

“Top Notch!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here over the wkend..as always we were greeted +seated quickly(with no booking) I had the special starter a fresh crab salad on treacle bread my wife had the Greek salad,both were lovely..I had steak for main which was massive! My wife the seabass special,looked and tasted fantastic..with not much room left for dessert I reluctantly ordered a fresh fruit salad in filo basket,yum yum..beautifully presented it was the perfect finish to a great meal..will definitely be back....

Sligo, Ireland
“lovely food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

exellent service!!!!!!!!!!!!! food v.tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we had lovely dinner 2 months ago.I love this place.

Dublin, Ireland
“Gorgeous meal”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on Friday 5th July with my parents. We didn't have a booking but they managed to fit us in. Atmosphere was lovely , very relaxed & cosy. Staff were lovely, friendly & efficient. We ordered the pork & steak. The food was beautiful! Really really good. Nothing to complain about. I would definitely recommend Hatters to family & friends.