“Consistent Excellence in Real Bistro Style”
Review of Hatters Bistro

Hatters Bistro
Ranked #15 of 107 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hatter's Lane Bistro at Strand Street on Athlone's Leinster shore. Ideally located 3 minutes from the Town Bridge, Radisson, Prince of Wales and Sheraton hotels. The Hollywood themed bistro offers a welcoming cosy atmosphere with open fire, check table clothes, walls adorned with movie star icons. The background music is easy listening typically featuring tunes from Sinatra, Martin, Bennett and the likes... Running in tandem with Gertie Brown's old world award winning pub, Hatters Lane offers the customer a unique and satisfying dining experience and hopefully will continue to serve great food well for years to come...
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Hatters is an atmospheric top class restaurant, with excellent food, very attentive and friendly staff and is good value for money. A place you can relax and enjoy a really good meal and bottle of wine. We eat there very often and have never been disappointed. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Myself and my husband eat here at least 6 times a year. By ourselves and for family occasions. Food is always fantastic, reasonable prices and the restaurant decor is enchanting! Staff are always friendly and happy, which is always a bonus. Menu is always pretty much the same so might not suit people who are very adventurous with food. But i cannot fault the place and have been eating here for years. Would not recommend for young kids but idael for all other occasions.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

One of the nicest dining experiences I have had, wonderful food, service and atmosphere. I have been going to Hatters regularly for four years and it just gets better and better!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been eating in Hatters Lane Bistro every time I am in Athlone, yet this is the first time I have posted here!
What can I say but Excellent. I normally go for the Half Roast Crispy Duck as duck is easily one of my favourite meats yet very few places can get it right consistantly, but Hatters does EVERY time!
Most recently I decided for a change and had the Salmon with Citrus Butter sauce and a mixture of Vegtables. The salmon was excellent. It flaked nicely and was so juicy that it melted in my mouth, the Citrus Butter complimented this Oil rich fish perfectly as it cut through the flavour of the salmon with just the right amount so I could taste everything in one go without any one element being over powered.
As for desert!!! The Toblerone Cheesecake is a must try! Nice and rich cheesecake with nuggets of Toblerone Chocolate. A lovely, decadent way to round off any meal.
And when it comes to my wine choice for the night it had to be the 2007 Rondan, a lovely French Saint Emilion which at €32 is certainly worth the price.

All in all, I can't wait to get back to Athlone again and see Mary, Brendan and all the rest of the staff! They make you feel welcome and at home as soon as you walk in the door!

I would definitely recommend Hatters Lane Bistro to anyone visiting Athlone in the future. Great food, great atmosphere, great staff. Overall a Great Night!!

1  Thank Conal D
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Not our first time to visit athlone but it was our first time to vist Hatter's Lane Bistro through a reccommendation from a local hotel. Brilliant food and superb attention to detail. We would highly reccommend this bistro.

1  Thank Robert138