“Only the best!!”

Hatters Bistro
Ranked #13 of 103 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hatter's Lane Bistro at Strand Street on Athlone's Leinster shore. Ideally located 3 minutes from the Town Bridge, Radisson, Prince of Wales and Sheraton hotels. The Hollywood themed bistro offers a welcoming cosy atmosphere with open fire, check table clothes, walls adorned with movie star icons. The background music is easy listening typically featuring tunes from Sinatra, Martin, Bennett and the likes... Running in tandem with Gertie Brown's old world award winning pub, Hatters Lane offers the customer a unique and satisfying dining experience and hopefully will continue to serve great food well for years to come...
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been eating in Hatters Lane Bistro every time I am in Athlone, yet this is the first time I have posted here!
What can I say but Excellent. I normally go for the Half Roast Crispy Duck as duck is easily one of my favourite meats yet very few places can get it right consistantly, but Hatters does EVERY time!
Most recently I decided for a change and had the Salmon with Citrus Butter sauce and a mixture of Vegtables. The salmon was excellent. It flaked nicely and was so juicy that it melted in my mouth, the Citrus Butter complimented this Oil rich fish perfectly as it cut through the flavour of the salmon with just the right amount so I could taste everything in one go without any one element being over powered.
As for desert!!! The Toblerone Cheesecake is a must try! Nice and rich cheesecake with nuggets of Toblerone Chocolate. A lovely, decadent way to round off any meal.
And when it comes to my wine choice for the night it had to be the 2007 Rondan, a lovely French Saint Emilion which at €32 is certainly worth the price.

All in all, I can't wait to get back to Athlone again and see Mary, Brendan and all the rest of the staff! They make you feel welcome and at home as soon as you walk in the door!

I would definitely recommend Hatters Lane Bistro to anyone visiting Athlone in the future. Great food, great atmosphere, great staff. Overall a Great Night!!

1  Thank Conal D
There are newer reviews for Hatters Bistro

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Not our first time to visit athlone but it was our first time to vist Hatter's Lane Bistro through a reccommendation from a local hotel. Brilliant food and superb attention to detail. We would highly reccommend this bistro.

1  Thank Robert138
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Excellent environment when I first arrive Hatters, it is so...classic and interesting!! I choose sea bass and my boyfriend chooses steak beef, all of them are great!! I think we will back there.

1  Thank Lisahuilin
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Excellent food in a nice romantic atmosphere. Very friendly service.

1  Thank Stafrace1
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We are from Swindon in England and I can honestly say that this is one of the best meals I have ever had. The service and atmosphere in this restaurant is fantastic. I had the sea food in a thai green curry sauce. I would really recommend a visit to this restaurant. Brendan is a great waiter . My husband had the duck and he thought it was fantastic also. The setting and atmosphere there is second to none and we will definitely return at the first opportunity.