“Just fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thyme Restaurant

Thyme Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Just fab”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been a couple of times before and was always impressed with the food, atmosphere and service. Each visit better than before. Last night was better again. I brought my parents who really know their food and they were very impressed too!

I had the potato cake, beef brisket starter with poached egg. Presentation for something so simple was WOW! The taste was fab... My wife had goats cheese panacotta (I didn't even know such a thing existed!) and that was yum.

For mains we each had something different. minute steak, duck, pork belly and hake. I had a taste of everyone else's (has to be done) and each of the dishes was superb.

For desert I had the lime tart which was sublime.

All we could take about, even the next day, was how good the food was. A great night out. As I write the review I can remember how good it tasted and I can't wait to go again!

3 Thank Corin B

Ireland
“Happy Easter :)”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ate in Thyme on Easter Sunday with my hubby and my sister. The staff were so so welcoming and not in a false way. Myself and the hubby had starters and main courses and my sis had main course and dessert. The food was absoutley excellent and the chocolate fondant dessert has to be tasted to be believed. Unfortunately we were only visiting Athlone so probably wont be back here for a while but would highly highly reccommed this restaurant for both its food, staff and reasonable pricing :)

2 Thank Blayneybabe
sligo
“Nice but could be better”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

limited vegetarian options, got the vegetable charlotte was just warm, would have been nice a bit hotter. no real value on wines unfortunately.

otherwise it is a nice restaurant and worth a visit : )

1 Thank tomoko2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good find”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We eat here on a short stay in Athlone with a family of four.

The value menu had plenty of choice and a good selection of starters and mains. The kids menu was also good value and again sufficient choice.

Service was good and attentive and the food arrived in good time. The starters were very good as were the main courses.

If I am going to be picky I'd say the meat was a little dry and sides slightly overdone, but overall it was a good find.

Ireland
“good food. good service!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very nice food and excellent service well done.
service was perfect, not too slow and not too fast.