“fab”
Review of Thyme Restaurant

Thyme Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Athlone
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

all three courses were fab, great food at a great price. 3 courses for 25euro, you cant go wrong. dessert was espically fab. the icecream was amazing. great staff too

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After numerous visits to thyme for dinner and Sunday lunch I decided to book the restaurant for dinner on new years eve! As usual we were not disappointed.
€37 for an extensive set menu along with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine! Not one of our 7 person table had an issue with any of our food, which speaks for itself.
The restaurant has put itself out there with a fantastic menu and for the quality of the food that you get it's very reasonably priced.
If you are finding it hard to choose something from the delicious menu I would highly recommend the blue cheese and tea smoked chicken salad or the mackerel and beet salad starter, followed by the pan roast duck for your main course; that is if they are on the menu when you are there! No matter what you choose you will not be disappointed!
Whether it's a romantic meal or Sunday lunch you are after, this restaurant is perfect!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

A last minute dinner decision and a great one. I had soup to start and the steak for main, both taste and presentation were excellent. Staff are great, very helpful and friendly. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to this restaurant as the one next door was booked out and i am glad we did. The service we received was excellent and the variety of food available was brilliant.I will be booking here again as i enjoyed the meal a lot.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Thyme has over taken all of Athlone's restaurants and is now most certainly out there on it's own. The food is such high quality and is presented FABULOUSLY!!
It is now my favourite place in Athlone to eat. It is not over priced either which is refreshing.
The chef deserves recognition. I have eaten in michelin star restaurants and I can honestly say that the food in Thyme is better.