“Lovely meal”

Kin Khao Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kin Khao Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Athlone
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thai cuisine, local style. That's local Thai not dumbed down Western style. Our great food, service and local beers and wines are waiting for you. Looking forward to seeing you.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Enjoyed a really nice night out in Kin Khao. The staff are always in a good mood and happy to answer any questions. All our dishes were delicious. Love this place.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my hubby on our engagement. We had ordered a cake which was well presented and the staff of kin khao and customers are joined in with our special party..We will definitely return as it is one of the best places in athlone..The food is excellent and the staff are very helpful they do a great job remembering you're name.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Went for lunch on a Sunday. They do an express lunch every day including Sundays and it does exactly what it says on the tin - it's quick enough to be doable in a lunch break from work. The express lunch costs €9.95 for two courses which is amazing value for money as the portions were decent and there was a great choice on the menu.
What makes it an express lunch is that the starter and the main course are served together on the same plate which is lovely. This is how they eat in Thailand, a selection of foods rather than set courses (or so it says on the menu, I've never been to Thailand!)
The menu read very well and the food was delicious. According to themselves they do authentic thai food not altered for Irish palates.
You can have beer/wine/soft drinks or they'll bring you a jug of water.
Nothing is a problem for the staff who are exceptionally pleasant and friendly as well as efficient.
I've given the place full marks for everything except romance as the tables are placed a bit close together which is understandable as it's a busy little restaurant. This would not put me off as it's a great value, delicious meal out in a nice restaurant for less than the price of a take away. This was our first visit and we went back the following Sunday for more, we're hooked!

1  Thank g00dtimegirl
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Everything on the menu sounded lovely and did not disappoint!! we shared the starter for two dish, filled with different nibbles. The beef dish that i had was beautifully presented and tasted exceptional. No room for desert but we will be back! great wine menu on offer too and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a fantastic evening here. I had heard about the place several times but never made it there.

The place is just slightly off the beaten track but it's all yellow exterior makes it unmissable.

From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly and humourous. The place is well maintained but simply decorated.

And then there is the food....wonderful, yummy, delicious food. We all had different dishes and I would have happily eaten any of them...or all of them. Really flavoursome, good wholesome food.

It was not expensive but I never mind paying for good food.

I highly recommend a meal in Kin Khao.

KinKhao, Owner at Kin Khao Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2014

Hello Sir Cumference

I have been very slack in responding to summer time reviews. Thank you so much for coming to Kin Khao and for the review. Delighted you enjoyed and we hope to see you again.