Review Highlights
free and interesting artwork

Run by the council the venue is free and has a constantly changing exhibition. Well worth a visit... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Visitexperience
Morecambe, United Kingdom
a nice find on the river

had a quick browse through, and a nice long chat with the staff, who were open and forthcoming. the... read more

Reviewed October 13, 2017
Waz W
Sydney, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019

This is a compact but lovely gallery with wonderful views of the river. We loved the exhibition that was on while we visited. Worth a look in if you're in Athlone, Ireland.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2018

I think we spend all of 7 minutes in here. Was expecting it to be so much more, and it had come very highly rated. I know the change it around every month or so maybe that was just a bad month. We were the only ones in there....

Reviewed August 28, 2018

What a gem, just up from the castle. Beautiful setting for a well appointed gallery with a great view over the river

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I spent a few days recently with my sister in Athlone and happened upon this lovely new gallery on the bank of the Shannon. It's not large but is a beautifully open and bright space. The light from the windows overlooking the river is amazing. There were two interesting exhibits when we visited and my sister, a Bob Dylan fan, was thrilled to show the very kind, helpful docent that one of the artists entitled his work with Dylan song titles. I believe there are classes or studios on the lower level, and there seems to be a considerable artists' community in the town. A thoroughly delightful space that I highly recommend for anyone spending time in Athlone.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Enjoyed a lovely morning's viewing at Luan Art Gallery. Staff were a treat. The young woman who guided us on the exhibition was a gem.

Date of experience: June 2018